Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Gun show etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    1. Vendors buy and sell early all the time. Some for resale, some for their collection.
    2. Always people carrying something to sell. I've bought and sold that way. Big shows forbid parking lot sales.
    3. Never bought any jerky, I usually buy a drink though.
    4. I wish some people would wash and use deoderant before the come.
    It has been known for a while that it's a tactic used by aggressive buyers. Prior to going to a gun show or any other similar event they don't shower for weeks. The reason is that when they arrive at a vendors' table to browse, their offensive odor will send other people browsing elsewhere. Therefore they get to look at the vendors stuff without a crowd of people in the way.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; March 8th, 2021 at 05:44 PM.

(Bucks County)

When travelling the United States we could tell who in a group were campers.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    It has been known for a while that it's a tactic used by aggressive buyers. Prior to going to a gun show or any other similar event they don't shower for weeks. The reason is that when they arrive at a vendors' table to browse, their offense odor will send other people browsing elsewhere. Therefore they get to look at the vendors stuff without a crowd of people in the way.
    Is this true? It's actually not a bad tactic if you really have that little shame.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Is this true? It's actually not a bad tactic if you really have that little shame.
    You can get the same effect by being a smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Don't know if I'm the only one who would hesitate to buy dried meat from a store whose owner just passed away recently, unless I had personally seen them bury the body myself.
    I am certain he was cremated.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    It has been known for a while that it's a tactic used by aggressive buyers. Prior to going to a gun show or any other similar event they don't shower for weeks. The reason is that when they arrive at a vendors' table to browse, their offensive odor will send other people browsing elsewhere. Therefore they get to look at the vendors stuff without a crowd of people in the way.
    37 years of gun shows and I this is the first I've heard of this. Where did this info come your way? I just figured people were white trash. Yes 99.9% of the people who stink are white trash. My favorite is the isle blockers in fat carts and guys with gigantic backpacks. Some people have such tunnel vision, they have no idea how bad, they EFF up the foot traffic.
    Smokers don't phase me one bit. Old lady perfume is worse than any BO, because you can smell the pew, pews away!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Don't know if I'm the only one who would hesitate to buy dried meat from a store whose owner just passed away recently, unless I had personally seen them bury the body myself.
    Speaking of human jerky... Some of us are old enough to remember it, some might have heard but thought it was just a urban legend, but 16 people survived more than 2 months in the Andes because of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urugua...rce_Flight_571

Warning: Do not click on it if you are eating, or have dinner cooking right now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Speaking of human jerky... Some of us are old enough to remember it, some might have heard but thought it was just a urban legend, but 16 people survived more than 2 months in the Andes because of it.

Warning: Do not click on it if you are eating, or have dinner cooking right now.
    Soccer players are tough eatin' if you don't have a crockpot. There is a movie on it too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I am certain he was cremated.
    Completely, or just until "firm yet tender"?

There's a subtle difference between "cremation" and "cooking".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

As a recent former gunshow seller yes i used to run around before opening to look for good parts or deals, we all did. It was the only free time i had to look. And as for any etiquette aside from few rude customers/attendeees i had a few instances where attendees walking with a rifle for sale would stop in front of my table blocking it to try to sell it to another. And i actualy had 1 time when during a very slow show a man tried to use my table as his own to lay down a rifle to show it off trying to sell it. I was more surprised then angry at first but i vented on him to move off. He acted like he had the right to do it. I said i paid $75 for the table to sell my items not yours. He actualy complained about me to the promoter. Shows were more fun 0ver 20-30 years ago now their more fustrating and depressing and definatly not worth it anymore. I was making more on gunbroker then the last few shows i did. After gas, hotel, table and meals i was in the red.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post

I was warming up my dinner, I knew where you were going. Since I saw the movie its no big deal to me. Seen worse at work, and as a firefighter, their is a reason I cant eat certain foods.

Completely, or just until "firm yet tender"?

There's a subtle difference between "cremation" and "cooking".
    Ashes to ashes.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast