Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gun show etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Dave View Post
    I specifically rip ass in the aisle around the people standing in the way BSing.
    Good tactic,wish I could fart at will...sometimes it seems people stand in front of shit knowing you are trying to get a better look and knowing good and damned well that they have no intention of buying it.
    Last edited by Krichardson; March 7th, 2021 at 10:48 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Just wondering thoughts from others on things I've seen recently at gun shows?

1- While waiting outside of the venue watching vendors go back and forth buying things from each other before the show starts. I mean I understand why they do it either its something they want or I've seen them put it right on their table for sale at a higher price. Just wondering how people feel about this?

2- Seeing the people walking around with signs on them trying to private sell ammo/guns in the parking lot. Do any shows restrict this? Would they allow someone to rent a table for $50 to sell off their ammo instead of walking around like that?

3- The lack of beef jerky, I am the only one bothered by not having someone selling beef jerky or other smoked meats?

1: reminds me of when I did a flea market, the pros showed up two hours before the open.
    And some vendors sold to them.

2: I dont see a problem with a gun on your shoulder with a sale sign on it, its not like you have a cart of them being pulled around.

As long as they aren't breaking pa laws and vendors, no harm no foul.

(Bucks County)

!- How do you want vendors to acquire their offerings?

2- Common.

3- Never bought any, prolly never will.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I miss Zern's jerky.
    If you bought it from Weidners Deli, the owner just passed away. I think you can still go to the store at the top of Boyertown and buy it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qfdlVIh5DtM5TJ Third one down.

1. vendors are in the business of profit margin. Many of them are friends and may be helping one another out.

2. I have sold two rifles this way and one handgun. One at the Oaks show and one at the Reading show. Never had any issues. Made out well following all applicable laws.

3. I love beef jerkey, my jaw not so much.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    If you bought it from Weidners Deli, the owner just passed away. I think you can still go to the store at the top of Boyertown and buy it.

. . .
    Don't know if I'm the only one who would hesitate to buy dried meat from a store whose owner just passed away recently, unless I had personally seen them bury the body myself.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    1: reminds me of when I did a flea market, the pros showed up two hours before the open.
    And some vendors sold to them.

2: I dont see a problem with a gun on your shoulder with a sale sign on it, its not like you have a cart of them being pulled around.

As long as they aren't breaking pa laws and vendors, no harm no foul.
    Vendors like me at Bicycle swaps do the same thing. It's a lot of work to set up for a show and vendors mostly know each other so they trade and make deals among themselves. I've even seen guys buy stuff off of one vendor in the middle of the show and go sell it for double to someone specifically looking for that certain part. People are greedy, that's a given.

I just have a bit of a problem with cheap asses trying avoid paying the table fee while everyone else is paying. If I was the show management I'd say that you have to pay a fee to sell inside the show or not allow selling unless you have a table and have paid the fee. If you want to sell outside in the parking lot that's between you and the property owners. For me it's about being fair to all the vendors that put in all the work. It's the same at model train shows.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Don't know if I'm the only one who would hesitate to buy dried meat from a store whose owner just passed away recently, unless I had personally seen them bury the body myself.
    What a way to start the morning!!!

Thanks for the laugh, Phil...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Vendors like me at Bicycle swaps do the same thing. It's a lot of work to set up for a show and vendors mostly know each other so they trade and make deals among themselves. I've even seen guys buy stuff off of one vendor in the middle of the show and go sell it for double to someone specifically looking for that certain part. People are greedy, that's a given.

I just have a bit of a problem with cheap asses trying avoid paying the table fee while everyone else is paying. If I was the show management I'd say that you have to pay a fee to sell inside the show or not allow selling unless you have a table and have paid the fee. If you want to sell outside in the parking lot that's between you and the property owners. For me it's about being fair to all the vendors that put in all the work. It's the same at model train shows.
    I would agree if as someone said earlier that someone is pulling a cart of guns/ammo around to sell. But if someone is trying to sell a single rifle or handgun while they are walking around a gunshow, what better place to advertise. Seems foolish to rent a table to sell a single item.

(Berks County)

Furthermore, what if I had an old gun that I wanted to sell and I had a vendor at the show who showed an interest in it? Would it be wrong for me to bring it along for them to inspect and buy?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Northampton County)

Walking around with a for sale sign in the barrel is as old as gun shows themselves. I was at a show years ago at the Fort Washington Expo Center. I had a SxS shotgun I wanted to sell and sold it to a dealer while waiting in line in the parking lot. Didn't think twice about it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast