I am a relatively short guy - 5 foot 6 inch, and have in-proportion limbs. I rediscovered trap shooting about 18 months ago. I used to shoot a steady 16 - 20 back when I got the chance and used my S&W Super 1000, but I was younger and more able to transition between rifle and shotgun. When I rediscovered trap and started taking it seriously, I got all kinds of advice. My thanks to all who cared enough to try and help, but my scores went down to a steady 5 - 12. So, enter buying a real trap shotgun with proper LOP for me, Browning BT-99 Micro Midas with adjustable butt pad and cheek, and also a used BT-99 Micro that some guy had shortened the stock on for his wife (and made it a tad too short... oops).
OK. Fitting the stocks. I finally settled on one friend as coach. He stands behind me from time to time and tells me where I'm missing - high, low, right, or left. As I worked out mount and stance, my errors became more consistent. My consistent errors were: weight on back heel and getting whacked in the cheek causing me to lift off the stock. Mostly my misses were low and left. That's when my coach, may his name be for a blessing, said something about my stock not fitting me quite right and suggested that I get "The Stock Fitter's Bible" by Rollin Oswald.

I read through it twice, and then took a hard look at the adjustable Micro Midas. Based on what I read, I first moved the drop at heel 2 notches. Started doing better on the straight back birds. Ended up dropping the adjustment all the way down, gave more improvement. Still had a major tendency to miss the left flying birds and still had problems keeping my cheek weld. Long story short - moved the cheek riser up two notches, added a moleskin, and adjusted the recoil pad far as it could go to the left. I now score consistently in the mid to high teens with that shotgun. Certainly OK compared to the 5 - 12. Still need to work on stance a bit, close my left eye to keep it from competing with my right, and just making sure that my mount is consistent.

Next project is the Micro. I was using a slip-on Limb Saver, but that didn't help much. Have since added a 3/4 inch pad on top of the butt stock, and added a Morgan adjustable recoil pad (eBay, used, $25). I slipped the Limb Saver over the bubba job that I did with putting the Morgan recoil pad on, but it seems to help with the high mount. I'll report on whether that whole thing was effective after I have had a chance to pattern it, get used to it, and popped some more clay birds as the weather gets warmer.

Thanks for reading.