Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

"Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Until they get rid of qualified immunity this type of overreach will continue to happen with impunity.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Until they get rid of qualified immunity this type of overreach will continue to happen with impunity.
    Listening to the 911 call taker, the manager lied about asking him to leave, but the dispatcher ask all the questions so responding officers knew what was actually going on, IE, just some guy being pestered while trying to buy something. Can*t find anything to criticize there.

Would like to hear the other end from the dispatcher to the officers responding, because their response seems shockingly inappropriate considering what dispatch knew.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Walking around a store with a shotgun isn't too bright legal yes, smart no.

(Monroe County)

*spoiler- 15 min to say he got off and nothing else.

Legal- yes, good idea-No.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    *spoiler- 15 min to say he got off and nothing else.

Legal- yes, good idea-No.
    He walked into a gun store, which Walmart and rural king still is, to get an accessory for his gun and took it with him to make sure it fit. How is this not a good idea.

Management should be fired.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    He walked into a gun store, which Walmart and rural king still is, to get an accessory for his gun and took it with him to make sure it fit. How is this not a good idea.

I didn't watch the video. If my memory serves me correctly my LGS requires long guns be cased, and hand guns to be holstered or cased. All of which seem reasonable to me.

Was this knuckle head walking around at low ready? That would be where I think it to be "not a good idea".
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post

With an uncased shotgun? Never a good idea. It's along the lines of pulling out your pistol to try holsters in a shop-any shop. I brought one in a case and got an ok, showed clear.

Fuck the get a sling BS, do that to a reg gunshop and you get yelled at best or even drawn on.

Does that excuse the cops response-NO!
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Now for the Million Dollar Settlement !

(Philadelphia County)

You may get your wish very soon. But I guarantee it won*t have the effect you thought it would.

Qualified immunity allows police officers to respond to incidents quickly, make split-second decisions and rely on their training and the current state of the law in making those decisions. The loss of qualified immunity protection would have a profound effect on police officers and would limit their ability and willingness to respond to both critical incidents and routine calls without hesitation.

Qualified immunity does not protect officers that "knowingly violate the law." In cases where it is obviously, or sufficiently clear, that the officer's conduct was unlawful, qualified immunity is unavailable and the case will proceed to trial.

Qualified immunity does not protect a police officer from criminal charges, internal investigations and/or termination.
    Last edited by Carson; March 7th, 2021 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast