Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    Put that badge on everyday and see how you feel
    Don't know the laws; or willing to obey them; then shouldn't be wearing a badge.
    --ET

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Being a mechanic is statistically way more dangerous than being a cop. I’m just glad to go home safe every night.

It’s also why I drink and beat my wife.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Don't know the laws; or willing to obey them; then shouldn't be wearing a badge.
    If the laws were enforced to the letter, every second of every day, I guarantee you would complain about that also.

(Montgomery County)

Get your rights violated by a cop and see how you feel.

Anybody can play this silly game.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Get your rights violated by a cop and see how you feel.

Anybody can play this silly game.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Royinmontco again."
    --ET

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The issue is as complicated as you say. Nobody would work at a job for $25/hour where they faced unlimited personal liability and jail time for any mistakes at all, in addition to the chance of being killed in traffic or by some career criminal who will do anything to avoid going back to jail again. Add in the fact that false accusations by soulless citizens are common, and politicians will happily throw you under the bus to salvage their careers, even if you did nothing wrong.

On the other hand, when you give someone a gun and the power of the state to order folks around, there must be some safeguards.

If you ask 1,000 reasonably informed citizens where that balance should be set, you'll get 1,001 different answers.
    I agree. Unfortunately the consensus seems to swing from one extreme to the other. There definitely are officers who are not qualified and or outright criminal and should not be on the job. There are others who try to do the best, but sometimes things go sideways and honest mistakes are made. The problem as I see it, these varying situations are not dealt with on their own merit.

This past summer is a great example. What appear to be justified OIS shootings in Philadelphia, are lobbed in with the incident in Minneapolis and no politician or high ranking official would put a stop to it.

You can*t get 10*s of millions of dollars suing me personally, so I wonder what the civil rights and personal injury lawyers will do? In the meantime Officers will have to buy some type of personal insurance and then make sure they do as little as possible. I don*t see that as a win. Maybe some mechanics will leave their more dangerous jobs and come on over.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    ... Maybe some mechanics will leave their more dangerous jobs and come on over.
    I'm trying to remember on the news the last time a mechanic was attacked, stabbed, or shot at........ My uncle is a retired city officer and he was attacked and injured several times in his career.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Is there a text version?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Is there a text version?
    Only if you want a totally biased version.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Maybe some mechanics will leave their more dangerous jobs and come on over.
    No thanks, there is a limit of characters per post, so I can*t list all the reasons I would never consider living or working in Philthy. Even though I can outshoot and outdrive 90% of yinz.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast