Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    A sling for a shotgun? I guess, although I can't recall ever seeing a shotgun with a sling installed. Maybe for a turkey setup?
    Seriously? I've never seen a defensive shotgun WITHOUT a sling....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

A sling for a shotgun? I guess, although I can't recall ever seeing a shotgun with a sling installed. Maybe for a turkey setup?
    I have a sling on my BPS. Why is it any different than a hunting rifle?

Currently trying to figure out a setup for the M37 riot gun.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Jen you bring up some good points. I remember handling a minor accident involving a SEPTA bus that was *Out of Service* and numerous people had forced their way past the closed doors and claimed they were on the bus when the accident occurred.

SEPTA got smart and started fighting the bogus claims. That is what concerns me. The city settles bogus claims against the police left and right and the lawyers and lowlifes know this. It has become a career for some.
    There was an episode on MASH back in the day where this old Korean guy would get hit by American vehicles on a regular basis so they would feed him and put him in an American hospital.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    There was an episode on MASH back in the day where this old Korean guy would get hit by American vehicles on a regular basis so they would feed him and put him in an American hospital.
    WHIPLASH WANG!!!! :-)

(Delaware County)

My question is this: While it may be legal to open carry in public, if one enters a private business, e.g., Walmart, and is asked to leave by an agent of the store, if one refuses to leave, is one not at that point trespassing? The lawyer on the video makes it seem like the cops have to be called and the cops have to ask you to leave. The 911 caller claims the lunkhead was asked to leave by an agent of the store but refused because "it's his right" based on an apparent misunderstanding of private property rights vs open carry rights. Again, are you not legally trespassing until a cop shows up and officially asks you to leave and you refuse?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    My question is this: While it may be legal to open carry in public, if one enters a private business, e.g., Walmart, and is asked to leave by an agent of the store, if one refuses to leave, is one not at that point trespassing? The lawyer on the video makes it seem like the cops have to be called and the cops have to ask you to leave. The 911 caller claims the lunkhead was asked to leave by an agent of the store but refused because "it's his right" based on an apparent misunderstanding of private property rights vs open carry rights. Again, are you not legally trespassing until a cop shows up and officially asks you to leave and you refuse?
    Upon investigation (and the court ruling) it is clear that the caller lied to the dispatcher and he was never actually asked to leave.

It becomes trespass when you refuse to leave.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Because they don*t sell those items exclusively.

They sell groceries, are they a grocery store?
    They sell clothes, are they a clothing store?
    They sell garden equipment, are they a garden store?
    They sell oil, are they an auto store?

They are Walmart.
    Many (most) gun gun shops sell food (prepping/camping).
    I can’t think of a gun store that doesn’t sell clothing.
    Guns are the traditional solution to keeping animals out of your garden.
    And I can’t think of a gun store that doesn’t sell oil....
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Upon investigation (and the court ruling) it is clear that the caller lied to the dispatcher and he was never actually asked to leave.

It becomes trespass when you refuse to leave.
    Well, if that's the official line, so be it. But, given the lengthy amount of time till the police arrived that store managers/employees were confronting and engaging this guy, they never asked him to leave? It never came up? Why were they even talking to him at all if not to tell him to leave or at least leave and secure the shotgun in his vehicle? What were they talking about all that time, the weather?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Juniata County)

To the Walmart vid... What is the purpose of asking someone carrying a shotgun and open carrying to leave the store? So he will do all his killing out on the parking lot?

I assume the implication is he is a danger to everyone inside. That is evident by the half-dozen Walmart employees walking right up to him and standing with him, all trying to be the first to be shot.

Cops had info that the "perp" was refusing to leave. Defiance has to be met with force. Cops get a pass.
    Only if the dispatcher screwed the pooch and didn’t tell the cops that he wasn’t being hostile or threat king. Which the dispatcher asked and the calling admitted he was not.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Juniata County)

Well, if that's the official line, so be it. But, given the lengthy amount of time till the police arrived that store managers/employees were confronting and engaging this guy, they never asked him to leave? It never came up? Why were they even talking to him at all if not to tell him to leave or at least leave and secure the shotgun in his vehicle? What were they talking about all that time, the weather?
    Damned if I know.

The caller should be facing attempted murder charges
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast