Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL!

So many laughs!

You think Walmart is a gun store. Maybe you think that employee is the store manager.
    They sell guns. They sell ammo. They sell accessories. They sell targets. They’re an FFL.

How are they not a gun store?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Open carrier unlawfully tased, arrested, and falsely charged wins in court

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    They sell guns. They sell ammo. They sell accessories. They sell targets. They*re an FFL.

I can see that I am outmatched.
    I yield to your superior wisdom.
    Two years now and I never knew I was working at a gun store.
    I wonder if the manager knows about this!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

He literally asked the first employee he saw, at the front door, and was told it was fine.

More then that, there is a good chance he doesn’t have a case. I think I got a case with only one of my guns, and my LGS on my has a sign about keeping your gun holstered, unless it is needed. Says nothing about long arms.

And maybe that employee saw a guy at the front door holding a long gun and said whatever this guy wants to do is fine with me. I don’t get paid enough to deal with this.

Not sure why you're trying to pick fights over nothing, but the reason each Walmart that sells guns has to get an FFL is the same reason why any commercial seller of guns has to have an FFL.

A store which sells guns is a gun store. Walmart is also a paint store and a cereal store and a bakery, and some are car repair shops. So?

As for the employee being a manager or not, who cares? Any employee who demands that you leave, is a representative of the store, and you can be charged with defiant trespass for disregarding their demand to leave. Even if they aren't the manager. They are all agents of the store.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

They sell guns. They sell ammo. They sell accessories. They sell targets. They*re an FFL.

Because they don*t sell those items exclusively.

They sell groceries, are they a grocery store?
    They sell clothes, are they a clothing store?
    They sell garden equipment, are they a garden store?
    They sell oil, are they an auto store?

They are Walmart.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Not sure why you're trying to pick fights over nothing, but the reason each Walmart that sells guns has to get an FFL is the same reason why any commercial seller of guns has to have an FFL.

A store which sells guns is a gun store. Walmart is also a paint store and a cereal store and a bakery, and some are car repair shops. So?

As for the employee being a manager or not, who cares? Any employee who demands that you leave, is a representative of the store, and you can be charged with defiant trespass for disregarding their demand to leave. Even if they aren't the manager. They are all agents of the store.
    I am not an expert, but I sense a little sarcasm in EM*s response.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Because they don*t sell those items exclusively.

They sell groceries, are they a grocery store?
    They sell clothes, are they a clothing store?
    They sell garden equipment, are they a garden store?
    They sell oil, are they an auto store?

They are Walmart.
    They are a 'department store'. Yous kids need a lot of learnin' up.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

....and some of them sell pets,BUT........
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Qualified immunity has turned out to be the protection of those government employees that believe they are above the laws and act with impunity because they know they are protected. If individual government employees know they can be held responsible criminally and civilly if they get away with their crimes in criminal courts as happens quite often, individual government employees will carry insurance and act accordingly to respect the rights of citizens in a more responsible manner. As I've always maintained that I'm not against police, I'm against bad police or bad government employees.

As employee of public transportation for almost 35 years I understand the thought of being held liable for any negligent or purposeful neglect of duty. The State legislature also understood the unscrupulous nature of Philadelphia citizens and lawyers. It used to be when an accident happened in Philly the joke was always "the whole neighborhood was on that bus, trolley or train". Then they put in cameras and the Legislature limited amount of awards for pain and suffering but medical payments were still awarded according to injury with follow up by an investigation team. When I was operating on the road I had to carry "bad boy insurance" to protect my income in case of being taken out of service for rule or signal violations, or accidents that can happen through no fault of your own.

Serving the public is a responsibility and too often it becomes a power trip for a small group of individuals and the public has to be protected from them. I see people complaining about the bad officers here day in day out and there has to be a way of cleaning that problem up. Protecting them with qualified immunity is not a solution to that problem it enhances the problem.
    Jen you bring up some good points. I remember handling a minor accident involving a SEPTA bus that was “Out of Service” and numerous people had forced their way past the closed doors and claimed they were on the bus when the accident occurred.

SEPTA got smart and started fighting the bogus claims. That is what concerns me. The city settles bogus claims against the police left and right and the lawyers and lowlifes know this. It has become a career for some.

(Bucks County)

Not sure why you're trying to pick fights over nothing...
    Are you new here?

What if they misrepresent or contradict the official policy?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast