Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Ooops... got cited for first time

At Archbald range few years ago on a Monday and had range entirely to myself. Shooting full mags, using 2 handguns. After 30 minutes an unmarked suv pulled in lot and watched me for 10-15 minutes. PGC officer got out of vehicle walked up to me asked for range permit. Showed him and he asked if i knew of 6rd max out of each mag, i told him nope and no one else here whats the big deal. Told me it's the law and because he was just transferred to this area i was getting a verbal warning, he didn't want to start working in this area known as a hard ass.Told him thanks and on his way he went.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    In a Mag.
    Holy shit!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Hmm...

Ever been to a SGL range and experienced all the knuckleheads?
    This is why I joined my club so many years ago. While the SGL rules are stupid, the amount of stupid people there was ungodly frightening. You name it, that safety rule was broken at some point. Anyone from SWPA that's been to the Wexford SGL knows what I'm talking about.
    -Brandon

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by patoo5 View Post
    At Archbald range few years ago on a Monday and had range entirely to myself. Shooting full mags, using 2 handguns. After 30 minutes an unmarked suv pulled in lot and watched me for 10-15 minutes. PGC officer got out of vehicle walked up to me asked for range permit. Showed him and he asked if i knew of 6rd max out of each mag, i told him nope and no one else here whats the big deal. Told me it's the law and because he was just transferred to this area i was getting a verbal warning, he didn't want to start working in this area known as a hard ass.Told him thanks and on his way he went.
    Good for you! You got lucky, I suppose. The ranger that cited me said he gives no warnings.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Happens quite often in Tobyhanna Range when the PGC are there But more get away with it taking a chance,and taking chances is not what its about when I am at the range shooting with family .Abide by the rules posted will leave you more money for ammo ! How much was the ticky poo ?
    These days, it equates to about 450-500 rds of 9mm.

That's why I love my club. It's indoor, 45 feet, so there are certain limits.
    Can't be over 1500 FPS

But no capacity or shots per seconds or anything.

There was only one lane you could draw from a holster and shoot but we just got an email saying that is suspended right now.....not sure what prompted that.
    But no RSO's. Most of the time I am the only shooter. Go in, sign in and shoot. There are camera's that record so if something happens they have proof, but that's about it

They are really strict about the 6 rounds. They could care less if you are waving your gun around pointing it at everyone. I have nothing but contempt for the PGC.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddoo View Post
    These days, it equates to about 450-500 rds of 9mm.
    600 bucks? Holy sht!

(Wayne County)

I've been meaning to post a thread but I'll try to piggyback, whats an alternative to Tobyhanna? I started with Sunset, followed by Roll Call and ended up at SGL. Became a 2A member few years ago though my gramps taught me much as a kid - he was an equivalent to a gunnery sergeant in my birth country and taught marksmanship in high school - it was a mandatory class. Anyways, dont have heaps of knowledge what a good place to practice would be. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123