Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Spikes Tactical

(Chester County)

Default Spikes Tactical

First mods, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I was browsing their website earlier today and noticed the price of their stripped lowers is now $180. This severely disturbs me as I paid $125 for mine earlier in the summer and according to ARFCOM members up until yesterday it was still the same price. I think Spike's Tactical makes a quality product and would have recommended it to anybody, however, due to their sudden increase of price I will no longer be recommending them to anyone. I understand it is their right to do so and the laws of supply and demand, however, I feel as though it is unethical to do so in the current situation. Spike's Tactical will not see another dime of my money nor get a recommendation from me.

If anyone else would like to contribute, I dont know if we can get a thread going of vendors online who are raising prices due to the election but maybe we can avoid them together and put the hurt on them a bit.

for what its worth here is their response

Originally Posted By badazzar15:
    Sorry Guys. Don't be mad at us our suppliers doubled their price over night there is NOTHING we can do about it. If you have any suggestions let us know this is going to be a problem with every MFG. If you don't believe us just look around. The demand is so high our suppliers want to cut us off completely.

and

Dear Customers,

Spike’s Tactical has been supporting the AR15 community since 2001. We have done group buys for ar15.com and for local gun clubs. We are continuously trying to give you the best gun at the best price and we are in trying times right now. Products and shipping are costing us more every day. Now that we are looking at having new gun laws everyone is buying as many guns as they can while they are still legal. Most manufacturers are out of stock. Many of you will remember when pre-ban stripped lowers were going for $600-800, we hope it doesn’t go to that extreme. Spike has been advising customers to buy as many lowers as they can and has had signs at local gun shows stating to buy lowers now while you still can. Our choice didn’t win and we have a Democratic house now and any new law that goes before the House will probably be approved. Be prepared, we are trying our best here.

Once again, get lowers while you can.

-Spike
    Last edited by SuperMoose; November 5th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Spikes Tactical

www.anvilarms.com is still listing their lowers at $100, with free engraving. They just moved to a new facility, and plan on increasing capacity. I received four lowers from Jon, last week, and I'm very pleased with them.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}