Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    reading
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    6363037

    Default oil furnace cleaning

    Can anyone recommend someone in the Reading area that cleans oil furnaces . Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nretsaehtuos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    21474857

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone in the Reading area that cleans oil furnaces . Thanks
    Check some of the local oil companies. Years ago I drove a fuel oil truck and we had a crew that worked on furnaces, they did repairs & cleanings.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    I buy fuel off of Elite and they seem like decent folks to me. Oil burners are not hard to clean and maintain and you should watch how they do it so you can do it yourself later. They charge a lot of money for that service.
    If you're afraid of the people you represent, you might be doing something wrong

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    reading
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    6363037

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I buy fuel off of Elite and they seem like decent folks to me. Oil burners are not hard to clean and maintain and you should watch how they do it so you can do it yourself later. They charge a lot of money for that service.
    I use to do it myself about 25 years ago. Swore I would never clean another one again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I use to do it myself about 25 years ago. Swore I would never clean another one again.
    I can relate to that! But sometimes the cost of having them do it makes me change my mind. They're even worse if you don't have an existing relationship with them, like buying oil. My own, personal first experience I called, got price, got set up for fuel and all and when the guy showed up he made sure I understand that this was a 'time and material' job, not the flat rate that their regular customers get. I called in and they said, "Yep, he's right". So he left and I found a more amiable company to do it.
    If you're afraid of the people you represent, you might be doing something wrong

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    reading
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    6363037

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I can relate to that! But sometimes the cost of having them do it makes me change my mind. They're even worse if you don't have an existing relationship with them, like buying oil. My own, personal first experience I called, got price, got set up for fuel and all and when the guy showed up he made sure I understand that this was a 'time and material' job, not the flat rate that their regular customers get. I called in and they said, "Yep, he's right". So he left and I found a more amiable company to do it.
    I will have to get a price up front If it is to high I might have to do it myself . I hope not.lol thanks for the info!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,218
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone in the Reading area that cleans oil furnaces . Thanks
    This is not my idea of a fun BBQ.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    5,549
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

    I've done it myself for years. It's not that difficult, just a dirty job once a year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •