Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default oil furnace cleaning

Can anyone recommend someone in the Reading area that cleans oil furnaces . Thanks

(Delaware County)

Default Re: oil furnace cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone in the Reading area that cleans oil furnaces . Thanks
    Check some of the local oil companies. Years ago I drove a fuel oil truck and we had a crew that worked on furnaces, they did repairs & cleanings.

(Berks County)

I buy fuel off of Elite and they seem like decent folks to me. Oil burners are not hard to clean and maintain and you should watch how they do it so you can do it yourself later. They charge a lot of money for that service.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I buy fuel off of Elite and they seem like decent folks to me. Oil burners are not hard to clean and maintain and you should watch how they do it so you can do it yourself later. They charge a lot of money for that service.
    I use to do it myself about 25 years ago. Swore I would never clean another one again.

(Berks County)

I use to do it myself about 25 years ago. Swore I would never clean another one again.
    I can relate to that! But sometimes the cost of having them do it makes me change my mind. They're even worse if you don't have an existing relationship with them, like buying oil. My own, personal first experience I called, got price, got set up for fuel and all and when the guy showed up he made sure I understand that this was a 'time and material' job, not the flat rate that their regular customers get. I called in and they said, "Yep, he's right". So he left and I found a more amiable company to do it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I can relate to that! But sometimes the cost of having them do it makes me change my mind. They're even worse if you don't have an existing relationship with them, like buying oil. My own, personal first experience I called, got price, got set up for fuel and all and when the guy showed up he made sure I understand that this was a 'time and material' job, not the flat rate that their regular customers get. I called in and they said, "Yep, he's right". So he left and I found a more amiable company to do it.
    I will have to get a price up front If it is to high I might have to do it myself . I hope not.lol thanks for the info!

This is not my idea of a fun BBQ.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lycoming County)

I've done it myself for years. It's not that difficult, just a dirty job once a year.