Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Big USPSA rule change: lights and AIWB now legal for CO and production

From USPSA email and FB:

USPSA competition rules were adjusted to reflect changes in equipment position requirements for Production, Single Stack, and Carry Optics, as well as the addition of a firearm-mounted flashlight.

In the February 2021 USPSA Board of Directors Meeting, a few rules were updated in the firearm equipment appendices to make placement of pistols and magazine pouches consistent in all USPSA Divisions. The goal is to make the process easier for members to understand and less subjectively enforced at matches, resulting in fewer competitors moved to a less competitive division for their firearm at registration, and even fewer moved to Open Division because of their holster or magazine pouch position. This less restrictive change will allow members to use their “every day carry” holster position for Production and Carry Optics Divisions without being moved to Limited or Open where the holster position is less restrictive.

With regard to the same consistent application of division equipment rules, the use of a firearm-mounted light was also approved. This should also result in fewer competitors being moved to a division where their firearm, usually their defensive firearm, is not competitive. Allowing the use of a functional mounted light to a firearm that meets division weight and size limit otherwise will allow those members to compete in a division where their firearm is most competitive.

Please note that all other rules including the type of holster, height of the firearm, and distance from the belt have not changed.

The Single Stack Division weight limit was increased to accommodate a wider variety of factory produced pistols common in the marketplace, specifically in 9mm.
    Here are the specific changes to the rules:
    o App. D2-D7, Item 14 – Changed to ‘Yes, must be functional’
    o App. D4, D5, D7, Item 12 – Removed reference to App. E3
    o App. D4, D5, D7, Item 20, 4th bullet point – Removed ‘Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means.’
    o App. E3 – Deleted bottom diagram showing equipment position in relation to hip bones
    o App. D5, Item 18 – Maximum single stack weight with empty mag increased from 43 oz. to 45 oz.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Default Re: Big USPSA rule change: lights and AIWB now legal for CO and production

I know this will make a bunch of people upset but I am very excited. Now I can compete the way I carry which is with a light and AIWB.

Good job to USPSA for allowing what many people utilize every day.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Big USPSA rule change: lights and AIWB now legal for CO and production

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I know this will make a bunch of people upset but I am very excited. Now I can compete the way I carry which is with a light and AIWB.

Where do you see AIWB made legal?

I see, interesting!
    Last edited by RobW; March 5th, 2021 at 06:20 PM.

(Bucks County)

just wish i could have had a WML back when I was shooting IDPA and there were those low-light stages.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lackawanna County)

You could have anyways.it was always an option In open. It’s just now an option in production single stack and carry optics. I don’t quite know how I feel about this yet. I don’t see that much clamoring for it. I don’t hear of that many people getting bumped to open but I guess in the long run it makes life easier.

Cant wait to see the first person with a flashlight and a appendix holstering a shadow2 in production. Should make for a good time.

I don’t think I’ll be changing anything up from my match rig. I don’t have the time or energy to relearn any of the reloading or draw strokes at this point

Thank you, USPSA
    Hopefully now Joyce will do the same...

(Westmoreland County)

Don't shoot your dick off
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    Don't shoot your dick off
    A competent person can draw their firearm without discharging it, regardless of holster location.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You could have anyways.it was always an option In open. It’s just now an option in production single stack and carry optics. I don’t quite know how I feel about this yet. I don’t see that much clamoring for it. I don’t hear of that many people getting bumped to open but I guess in the long run it makes life easier.

Cant wait to see the first person with a flashlight and a appendix holstering a shadow2 in production. Should make for a good time.

I don’t think I’ll be changing anything up from my match rig. I don’t have the time or energy to relearn any of the reloading or draw strokes at this point
    Yes, obviously you could do those things in open. I think this is really going to change production and CO.

I think you’re going to see a lot of people using AIWB, and almost everyone taking advantage of the light.

(Lackawanna County)

I don’t know. There are a lot of people who’ve put time in to the current belt positions. How much retraining is going to be needed to learn new reloads and draws.

I didn’t know this was even a request from shooters. And quite honestly it’s a bit head scratching in some ways as I don’t think it really solves any problems. More people wanted prod moved to 15 rounds from 10 than asked for aiwb and lights.

I’m curious to see how many serious competitors actually make changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast