Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
Observations:

it's beyond hilarious to me how many people I know smirk and make fun of people for getting the vaccine or wearing masks; and yet carry guns; and at the same time talk about (often incorrect) mortality percentages; etc, while ignoring the fact that their own likelihood to ever have to need to defend their life or someone else's with a gun is probably even smaller than their chance of having a serious adverse reaction to the vaccine or their survival probability if they contract the virus. (Let alone the probability of them being successful in that encounter). Still, I don't shame them for their illogical inability to connect ideas.

I carry a gun because I want to be prepared for something I realistically don't think is going to happen. I pray it never does. I'm now integrating EDC medical into my routine as well for the same reason. (Another thing I find hilarious is how many people I know carry guns and don't train nearly enough with them, don't carry medical (if you get into a gun fight, how do you expect to stop the bleed?), etc.

If someone wants to wear a mask to prevent themselves from getting sick, or get a vaccine that they have an EXTREMMELY small likelihood of having an adverse reaction to, no matter what you believe the chance of them getting sick is, it really shouldn't matter to you- Anymore than it matters to someone who would mock you for carrying a gun that you probably have the same likelihood or less of needing.

I say this as someone who believes it's very, very important to carry a gun everyday, everywhere; and yet also realizes I'll probably never need it.
Says I can't rep the same post twice.