Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Owning/carrying a gun/ preparedness and the Covid vaccine

I am not going to add length to my post by including quotes. Simply said, I agree with Justin in that I read the science and ignore the Government. In fact, I happen to be a scientist; my training included not to lie about data ever. Those you see on TV are political clinicians for the most part, and they equivocate. As for the virus being a hoax, I've lost family and colleagues to COVID, and I don't intend to be on that list. I have posted on the Gun Show threads that I wear masks to Morgantown; I have gotten snide responses about that. In fact, I wear KN95, N95, and KF94 masks because they are supposed to be effective in protecting ME. Screw "my mask protects you and your mask protects me." Those of you who express the freedom of choice not to wear masks are right as far as that goes, it breaks down when you violate my space (apparently defined as a 6 foot radius indoors these days) and choice not to risk being infected. Please remember that those who knew they were infected with AIDS and deliberately exposed others were held by some courts to have committed assault. That does not seem to have been adjudicated for COVID, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that happen at some point - just looking at who's in power these days. Speaking of which, the Delco government has become Democrat; while they were cheering their victory over Republicans, they managed not to notice that Delco was shorted on vaccine for several weeks. So please don't think that I'm a fan of them.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Sounds like an ill-fitting holster issue, not a revolver issue.

I recently picked up a Taurus G3c with a frame-mounted safety lever, and part of the deal was a kydex IWB holster. Turns out the holster didn't accommodate the safety when in the safe position, and movement of the gun could cause the safety to be switched off. I quickly remedied that issue with a propane torch and a little re-working of the safety groove of the holster.
    Exactly what it was and the city had no problem issuing such a cheap and ill fitting holster.

My point with Bang was that it wasn*t deliberate, controlled act that cocked the revolver.

(Bucks County)

Understand.
    Did seven years in uniform, five in Philly. Never had the problem nor heard of it, but we all have differing experiences.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Sometimes it*s hard to tell who the shitty drivers are from all the drivers on the road at any given time, before they end up in a wreck.
    Yeah...so police "pre-crime". Makes sense.

I wish copious amounts of bad things on him.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Yeah...so police "pre-crime". Makes sense.

I wish copious amounts of bad things on him.
    LOL. Slowing down drivers in a snowstorm so he doesn*t have to handle an accident and preventing a shitty driver from skidding into you is some type of pre-crime, Tom Cruise conspiracy stuff.

I'll mock anything.
    And everyone can mock me.
    What does it matter?
    In the end, it doesn't matter much who mocks whom.
    We will all end up fucking dead anyway.
    So spank it, wank it, shoot your wad.
    Shake it, bake it, move that bod.
    It won't be long before you're just fucking dead.

People take shit too seriously. It's why there is so much road rage.
    Well, that and SHITTY FUCKING DRIVERS.
    The problem is that civilization depends on issues being resolved, ya know, "civilly". Would you rather buy vaccines from a company whose scientists use real science, and open debate to reach conclusions, or from a Lysenkoist company whose guys in lab coats use mockery and ridicule to silence opinions until only the cool kids voices are ever heard?

Without intelligent debate, we're left to resolve all issues the way urban gang members settle their scores.

Nobody should fear sharing their honest questions or the basis for their conclusions. That's how we get "man-caused global climate change" pseudo-science. And any scientist who says "the science is settled, now shut up" is not a scientist, just as any gun guy who says that we've settled a gun question once and for all should probably stick to flintlocks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    LOL. Slowing down drivers in a snowstorm so he doesn*t have to handle an accident and preventing a shitty driver from skidding into you is some type of pre-crime, Tom Cruise conspiracy stuff.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The problem is that civilization depends on issues being resolved, ya know, "civilly". Would you rather buy vaccines from a company whose scientists use real science, and open debate to reach conclusions, or from a Lysenkoist company whose guys in lab coats use mockery and ridicule to silence opinions until only the cool kids voices are ever heard?

Without intelligent debate, we're left to resolve all issues the way urban gang members settle their scores.

Nobody should fear sharing their honest questions or the basis for their conclusions. That's how we get "man-caused global climate change" pseudo-science. And any scientist who says "the science is settled, now shut up" is not a scientist, just as any gun guy who says that we've settled a gun question once and for all should probably stick to flintlocks.
    I don't disagree with any of that.

I'm just saying that, in the long term, it doesn't REALLY matter all that much.

Pretty much.

I don't disagree with any of that.

I'm just saying that, in the long term, it doesn't REALLY matter all that much.
    Your logic doesn't fare well when describing anything from common courtesy to the Holocaust. The fact that we're all doomed to die eventually doesn't negate the merits of living like civilized human beings.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Your logic doesn't fare well when describing anything from common courtesy to the Holocaust. The fact that we're all doomed to die eventually doesn't negate the merits of living like civilized human beings.
    I have nothing against living like civilized human beings.

I have nothing against living like civilized human beings.
    . . . and yet you ride a scooter . . .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast