Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Owning/carrying a gun/ preparedness and the Covid vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I won't mock anyone for carrying a gun with a loaded mag and empty chamber.
    Thank you.

(Bucks County)

While you are fending off the attack with one hand, and drawing your semi-auto with the other, you're gonna be wishing real hard that there is one in the chamber. If you think your situational awareness will give you time to rack one in, good luck with that. Not a mock. Food for thought.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    While you are fending off the attack with one hand, and drawing your semi-auto with the other, you're gonna be wishing real hard that there is one in the chamber. If you think your situational awareness will give you time to rack one in, good luck with that. Not a mock. Food for thought.
    I think you might want to review the meaning of the word "mock".

Be that as it may, when someone shoots you in the back of the head, you're gonna be wishing real hard that you'd been facing the other way.

Or, when your AD takes off your child's face, you're gonna be wishing real hard that you'd carried more safely.

So what. Nobody should be so dim that they weigh the merits of one option only against the negatives of another option. THAT is the kind of flawed thinking that gets us low-flush toilets, millions of illegal aliens, elections with zero safeguards, President Biden, and most of the rest of the DNC platform. You have to weigh the costs and benefits of all options, you can't ignore the AD's of chambered guns and look only at "max speed of response", any more than you can look at "minimizing the chance of an AD" and ignore the extra split-second needed to respond.

See, I mocked your argument, because it was fatally deficient.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

[/QUOTE]I have come to terms with the fact that most of the science of today will be proven incorrect sometime in the future. At least that is what the study of History tells us.[/QUOTE]

***********^^^^^^^*************

Could not agree more. I worked in a research lab for years. I saw my findings get twisted and tweeked by the people above. Just to keep the grant money coming in. I couldn*t take it any longer and decided to get out.

Yes, just take a look at our recent history. People at the top have let us unknowingly poison ourselves and our neighbors from every day products for years. Many of which are still readily available. Teflon, various herbicides, insecticides, pharmaceuticals, spf lotions, baby powder, tobacco, vape nonsense, aluminum, shit made in China, etc.

What is good today, could or will likely hurt you later. The list never stops. The point is, someone or some group always knows well in advance but you*ll never know until it*s too late.

I do not want the F*n vaccine. But I guarantee it will be forced to get it. They*ll cut travel or not allow you entrance into something. I*m tired of idiotic rules. I fly a lot. As soon as they restrict air travel due to not being vaccinated, I*ll have to cave in and become a sheeple.
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; March 7th, 2021 at 11:17 AM.

(Bucks County)

Leave it to an attorney to convert an either-or into multiples. How'm I doin' ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I won't mock anyone for getting the vaccine.
    I won't mock anyone for not getting the vaccine.
    I won't mock anyone who personally chooses to wear a mask.
    I won't mock anyone for carrying a gun with a loaded mag and empty chamber.
    I won't mock anyone for carrying +1.
    I won't mock anyone for choosing as their personal defense weapon a 9mm, a .45, a 10mm, a .38 spl, or anything above a .22. An EDC .308 might get some pushback.

I will debate people about the merits of some choices.

I will mock people for mocking others.

I will deflate the self-important.

I will mock very bad logic, and debunked facts.

Who else is 100% with me on all of the above?

I'll mock anything.
    And everyone can mock me.
    What does it matter?
    In the end, it doesn't matter much who mocks whom.
    We will all end up fucking dead anyway.
    So spank it, wank it, shoot your wad.
    Shake it, bake it, move that bod.
    It won't be long before you're just fucking dead.

People take shit too seriously. It's why there is so much road rage.
    Well, that and SHITTY FUCKING DRIVERS.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I'll mock anything.
    And everyone can mock me.
    What does it matter?
    In the end, it doesn't matter much who mocks whom.
    We will all end up fucking dead anyway.
    So spank it, wank it, shoot your wad.
    Shake it, bake it, move that bod.
    It won't be long before you're just fucking dead.

People take shit too seriously. It's why there is so much road rage.
    Well, that and SHITTY FUCKING DRIVERS.
    But in another thread you criticized a state trooper for slowing down shitty drivers in a snow storm.

Just figured I*d take this thread in even another direction.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I like the logic of the comparison in the last paragraph, but many will avoid the logic and continue to emot instead of think.

That being said, with my job, I am in contact with at least one patient, or potential patient with corona virus about every 2 weeks. I work with folks with behavioral health concerns, which sadly means they often dont get the same medical services as other individuals. With all that in mind, as well as having a young kid and a pregnant spouse for which there are no vaccine studies at this time, I got the vaccination.
    The logic and the comparison are faulty, because there are extremely limited scenarios where using a firearm in self-defense is justifiable. A person carries a firearm in case a life-threatening scenario presents itself, not to draw on someone cuts you off in traffic, or who insults you in the line at Wawa, or to get your own way at work by threatening your co-workers, etc. etc. Taking a vaccine to protect against the possibility of getting a virus which you possibly won't realize you have, or may make you mildly sick, or in some instances require hospitalization or medication, and has something like a .1% mortality rate, and typically is dangerous only to those who have comorbidities, is not a valid comparison.

Take the vaccine if you want to, or don't if you don't want to. Fact of the matter is, enough people in the U.S. have had COVID and/or received the vaccine to begin to get close to herd immunity, and the very small percentage of people who choose not to get the vaccine will not jeopardize herd immunity.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

As long as our emphasis is on logics, who here carries a revolver with the chamber, due for alignment at the next rotation, empty?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    As long as our emphasis is on logics, who here carries a revolver with the chamber, due for alignment at the next rotation, empty?
    When I was young & dumb, I used to jog with a small revolver in my pocket or side. I was worried about an AD/NG, so I left the next chamber empty. In my mind I knew that if I had to fire, I would have to pull the trigger twice to fire a round. I based this lunacy on not having a proper holster and that was rectified not long after.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast