Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Owning/carrying a gun/ preparedness and the Covid vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I agree whole heartily with most of what you said and I'm sure many others here do to. Be ready to be shit on shortly for thinking reasonably though.
    Thank, there are 7 billion people on the planet, I can only worry about and speak for 1. I*ve never had a problem with people seeing things differently than me.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It all comes down to personal choices though doesn't it? We're supposed to be allowed to make our own choices, but apparently you and others here feel the need to shame anyone that doesn't agree with your choice. I've been out and about throughout the entire time. I've either been exposed and brought it home to my family and they've been exposed, or this isn't nearly as bad as they say it is. Either way, I've made a personal choice to not bother with the vaccine since I don't feel it's necessary for me or my family, as is my right. It's sad that my choices apparently aren't respected.

IT's post is about risk management. For me, I don't believe the risk of taking it is worth it. It isn't that I'm anti-science, I just do not trust anything that the government says. They have given me no reason to trust them. Scientists are not pure, they're willing to say whatever is needed to keep that grant money flowing in. Anyone that disagrees is mocked and discredited. Much like what happens here. Toe the party line, or be canceled.

Don't worry, I'm ready to be shit on for thinking differently. Maybe even I'll get called a Luddite again.
    Risk management is a good way to put it. I*ve seen vitriol on both sides here and elsewhere with people attacking or mocking those who don*t have the same view point they do. Same as when it comes to carrying. I respect people*s decision to not carry it*s obviously not for everyone. Same goes with not getting this.... or any vaccine/medical procedure etc..... Free will should be respected, not denigrated imo.

[QUOTE=JustinHEMI;4392035]For the last paragraph, maybe, but I've found that anti-gunners aren't interested in rational discussion and points like this wouldn't be effective on them. Then again, I'm extremely cynical and not really interested in trying to reason with unreasonable people. It kind of defines my behavior in the lounge as well.

Great post. Some responses in red above.

Thanks, and glad you read through to the main point. You are right, most antis are set in their opinions when it comes to firearms like I am with my opinion on firearms. But every now and then during a discussion, it only takes one small point for a seed to be planted. Events in the country over the last year have planted a few seeds, I*ve known people who have gone from complete anti...... to what*s a good gun to own.....crap what do you mean guns are hard to find now. I*ve probably taken more people to the range over the last 4 months than I have in the last 4 years at least one who was a complete anti a year ago and is now looking for his 2nd gun. My final two paragraphs may be a pipe dream but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Nobody needs to explain to me why they choose to get vaccinated. That said, I shouldn*t have to explain myself to anybody regarding why I refuse.

People don*t think freedom be like it is, but it do.
    Good to see you around again. Agreed, I see a lot of contradictions from people online who claim to believe in personal freedom but their words tell a different story. To be clear I am not asking anyone to justify anything one way or the other. Just putting my thoughts out there because that is what I enjoy doing.

(Allegheny County)

Oh. Fuck no.

Is there a shorter version of this thread?
    Maybe with pictures?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

The very same people that want to take away my right to own a firearm and will confiscate every single one by force if they have to are now telling us they want to inject a substance of unknown and unverifiable origin into our bodies at a Fema center. Makes perfect sense to me. I'll give them credit where credit is due, it's voluntary for now.
    Last edited by JenniferG; March 4th, 2021 at 09:45 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    From just the most recent pages of the COVID thread;

From the vaccine thread. That thread actually started out well with people sharing their experiences and tips for getting an appointment, then the anti-vaxx and anti-science trolls ruined it. I re-read all 26 pages (on my settings) and zero people were shamed for not getting the vaccine, but the anti-vaxx trolls did plenty of shaming of those who are. As pointed out by RL, the trolls were "attacked" for their bullshit only. Noah must be credited for trying to keep it on track.

I'm not done digging through threads yet, but have a "teams" meeting to get on so I have to stop for now. Will likely read the entire covid thread from beginning. I'm sure there's gems in the "mask shame" thread as well since it's mostly about shaming mask wearers.
    More vaccine shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Sitting here shaking my head, can*t believe so many are taking *the injection*.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    From just the most recent pages of the COVID thread;

From the vaccine thread. That thread actually started out well with people sharing their experiences and tips for getting an appointment, then the anti-vaxx and anti-science trolls ruined it. I re-read all 26 pages (on my settings) and zero people were shamed for not getting the vaccine, but the anti-vaxx trolls did plenty of shaming of those who are. As pointed out by RL, the trolls were "attacked" for their bullshit only. Noah must be credited for trying to keep it on track.

I'm not done digging through threads yet, but have a "teams" meeting to get on so I have to stop for now. Will likely read the entire covid thread from beginning. I'm sure there's gems in the "mask shame" thread as well since it's mostly about shaming mask wearers.
    You are way to passionate about this covid 19 vaccine bullshit. Are you ok? I'm honestly concerned.

I have come to terms with the fact that most of the science of today will be proven incorrect sometime in the future. At least that is what the study of History tells us.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    You are way to passionate about this covid 19 vaccine bullshit. Are you ok? I'm honestly concerned.

I have come to terms with the fact that most of the science of today will be proven incorrect sometime in the future. At least that is what the study of History tells us.
    LMFAO
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I won't mock anyone for getting the vaccine.
    I won't mock anyone for not getting the vaccine.
    I won't mock anyone who personally chooses to wear a mask.
    I won't mock anyone for carrying a gun with a loaded mag and empty chamber.
    I won't mock anyone for carrying +1.
    I won't mock anyone for choosing as their personal defense weapon a 9mm, a .45, a 10mm, a .38 spl, or anything above a .22. An EDC .308 might get some pushback.

I will debate people about the merits of some choices.

I will mock people for mocking others.

I will deflate the self-important.

I will mock very bad logic, and debunked facts.

Who else is 100% with me on all of the above?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

WTF is this thread about?

Seems to be a mock/anti-mock fest like all the other VI-rus threads.

Preparedness?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I won't mock anyone for getting the vaccine.
    I won't mock anyone for not getting the vaccine.
    I won't mock anyone who personally chooses to wear a mask.
    I won't mock anyone for carrying a gun with a loaded mag and empty chamber.
    I won't mock anyone for carrying +1.
    I won't mock anyone for choosing as their personal defense weapon a 9mm, a .45, a 10mm, a .38 spl, or anything above a .22. An EDC .308 might get some pushback.

I will debate people about the merits of some choices.

I will mock people for mocking others.

I will deflate the self-important.

I will mock very bad logic, and debunked facts.

Who else is 100% with me on all of the above?

From the lost Dr. Seuss files .

The ability to respect other opinions is very liberating and stress relieving in life. As long as others aren*t forcing their opinions on us. I.e...... I don*t like guns so you can*t have any.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I like the logic of the comparison in the last paragraph, but many will avoid the logic and continue to emot instead of think.

That being said, with my job, I am in contact with at least one patient, or potential patient with corona virus about every 2 weeks. I work with folks with behavioral health concerns, which sadly means they often dont get the same medical services as other individuals. With all that in mind, as well as having a young kid and a pregnant spouse for which there are no vaccine studies at this time, I got the vaccination.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast