Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Pa Non-Resident LTCF

Check the Fayette county PA sheriff's office. Everytime I'm in there they're not overwhelmed with applications (from what I can tell).

Not sure if they do non resident, but it's worth a shot.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    It is illegal for any county to refuse to accept and process a LTCF application. Residents are required to apply in their own county. Non-residents can apply in any county.

Many counties refuse, and get away with it because it is easier for someone to go to another county to apply then it is to sue them for violating the law.

However, a better soulution would be to sue them, both in state and federal court for the civil rights violation, and have your attorney file a private criminal complaint for official oppression with the DA.

Given that the only three things I can think of that a sheriffs dept. is required to do by law is issue LTCF, protect the COURT ROOM, and over see the auctions known as "sheriffs sales" I have trouble believing any departments are overwhelmed with these tasks.

If they are overwhelmed with driving prisoners' around, serving warrants, sitting at the entrance of the courthouse and illegally pestering people coming to the courthouse; then they are not overwhelmed. They are misusing their government resources and failing to meet their obligations are required by law. The Sherriff should face the criminal and civilly punitive fines of his illegal actions and malfeasance.
    This. ^^^ A lack of resources is not a valid excuse to infringe someone's rights. If Sheriffs aren't fulfilling their duty, they need to be sued until they do.

We need Constitutional carry. That would solve the problem for non-residents. Until every other state also honors the Constitution, there is still a need to grant optional "licenses" so that PA residents can qualify for reciprocity. I think there are now 18 states with Constitutional carry and it continues to grow. There is no good reason we shouldn't be among them.
    I am not a lawyer.

I understand the desire for a lawsuit, but WINNING 2a Lawsuits have run $80-100k and sometimes require multiple iterations, to get to a true victory.

They typically take years. And may involve suing an otherwise 2a-friendly County Sheriff.

A lawsuit in PA may end up at a Liberal-controlled PA Supreme Court, or a spineless SCOTUS.

The lawsuit path is protracted and expensive, with an unknown outcome. That is why .gov agencies feel empowered to flaunt laws.

The .gov legal fees are paid by the taxpayers. Sometimes taxpayers hold elected officials accountable for money poorly spent on legal fees; in most occasions, they do not.

Another cause, lost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12