Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Any revolver ammo out there?

Well, guys, I finally stumbled upon an available revolver at Sportsman's Warehouse, and I ordered my S&W 686+ 3" ... I am super excited about finding one available, as I was starting to get very frustrated in my revolver search. I'll be going to the store near me to pick it up in about a week. However, I can't seem to find any ammo for it anywhere! I found some 38 special standard pressure at Freedom Munitions, but they want $1.60/round, which seems really steep. I also saw some Buffalo Bore 357 mag & 38 special +P available (the low flash, short barrel varieties) that seem more reasonable, but I don't know anything about them, other than they tend to be "hotter" than most loads, and it isn't exactly "range ammo" for practicing. Does anyone have any leads on any 38+P or 357 mag range ammo that I won't need to put out a second mortgage on my house for? I understand that things are crazy right now, but I am finding it ironic that I finally found a reasonably-priced revolver (that I actually wanted to buy), and now can't find any ammo for it ...

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Any revolver ammo out there?

Everyone keeps talking about 9mm and 223, but at least those are present <$1/round. I havent seen 38 or 357 anywhere near that in a looong time. Like you said $1.50+ on 38, and $2+ on 357 is about all I see these days.

Keep an eye on the SuperVel website. I think they had one or the other at "reasonable " prices a while back (forget exact pricing but somewhere just over $1/round I think). They were restocking fairly often.

(York County)

Do you know anything about buffalo bore ammo?

(Northumberland County)

Nothing more than you do. Loaded hot, expensive, etc. Never used their stuff myself

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about 9mm and 223, but at least those are present <$1/round. I havent seen 38 or 357 anywhere near that in a looong time. Like you said $1.50+ on 38, and $2+ on 357 is about all I see these days.

Keep an eye on the SuperVel website. I think they had one or the other at "reasonable " prices a while back (forget exact pricing but somewhere just over $1/round I think). They were restocking fairly often.
    And not to mention 300 Blk @ $1.50-$2.50 / round.... *you need to build a 300 BLK Ar Pistol for home defense everyone said*, *it*ll be great* , everyone said...

(Westmoreland County)

Try Highland Arms Co. in Ligonier, Pa. They/we have a limited quantity of .357 Magnum for sale. $40.00 a box/50 for Pafoars. Fiocchi 158Gr JHP. Two box limit. I see you are in York. I'll be at the Gettysburg Gun Show this coming weekend.

(Wayne County)

If you were closer, I've got some (maybe 70 rounds)...not worth the trip most likely. Ammo is hard to find. Being laid up from surgery, been cleaning out the ammo shelves and getting ready to let go of some stuff for firearms I no longer own...Been a while since I did a reorg...
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Susquehanna County)

I just stumbled across this on Cheaper than Dirt. Have a look for yourself https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pmc-...569050401.html
    they say it is in stock, but it won't be for long!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I just stumbled across this on Cheaper than Dirt. Have a look for yourself https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pmc-...569050401.html
    they say it is in stock, but it won't be for long!
    That is over one dollar a round ................WOW !

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    That is over one dollar a round ................WOW !
    No big deal! .357 Mag and 9mm Para are $2 or more per round!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast