Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 48 of 196 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PA's US Senate Seat Election 2022

Watched Steve Bannon's podcast today because he had guests on that were focused on the PA senate race. First was McCormick (by phone) and I promptly muted the TV audio. Next was Jack Posobiec. Barnette sent him her military records because being a Navy veteran, she thought he'd be in a position to help push back against the brietbart piece. He basically stated the criticism of her record was a nothing-burger.

Then there was a Trump lawyer who was promoting Oz because of Trump's endorsement and the consensus is that Lt. Gov. Fetterman is coming on strong and the republican party needs someone who can beat him in the general election and that person is Oz.

Bannon almost made me blow lunch. He sheepishly abstained from "almost" expressing whom he favors, but nevertheless echoed the Trump lawyer's position and then, as he did when Posobiec was on air, kept stating that Barnette hasn't been "properly vetted" based upon some of the criticism that was being leveled at her on Hannity's show and elsewhere. What put me over the edge was that Posobiec mentioned how his team at Human Events scoured all 1600 Oz episodes and not once did they find an example of Oz being aligned with Trump on any issue. So the fact that Barnette hasn't been "properly vetted" = bad, but somehow in 1600 episodes of Dr. Oz and not finding one issue where he was aligned with Trump = ok?

Not just that. They made much of the fact that Barnette is being promoted with TV ads by https://www.clubforgrowth.org/ which they claim is an "establishment" organization opposed to Trump's policies. I don't know enough about them to offer an opinion. They mentioned that Club for Growth supported Josh Mandel in Ohio, who lost to Trump endorsed JD Vance, and thus Club for Growth is only supporting Barnette to engage in a "proxy war" with Trump whom they have been at odds with since Trump was in office.

This also implies that in accepting aid from Club for Growth that Barnette perhaps isn't really MAGA

Edit: Also interviewed was (former) Amb. Rick Grenell who is working with Trump's team on the endorsements. Said they dug up some tweets wherein she made some homophobic remarks and other comments that were anti-Islam inferring that she may be religiously intolerant.

So, it appears Trump is being "pragmatic" with respect to whom he is endorsing.
    Last edited by TonyF; May 12th, 2022 at 02:54 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Nobody is going to beat the "Free doobies for all is a basic human right" Fetterman.
    There's probably potheads on this forum who are voting for pot above all else.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Trump has been very clear that he is backing candidates he thinks can win in the general election, not neccesarily the most conservative candidate in the primary

Oz probably can, which is what makes him attractive to Trump for the endorcement

I don't care though. I don't want Oz. I don't trust him AT ALL. His attack ads are lies. His ads about what a gun guy he is are lies. His claims to support all MAGA principles are all lies. I'd rather have a Democrat who is at least going to be honest and tell me he will vote for liberal policies.

And while I am a Trump fan, he and I part ways on this one. I can vote for myself, thank you

Barnette all the way

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Millions tune-in to talk radio daily or listen via podcast at their convenience. Here's a list of just the top nationally syndicated shows. Then you have others who are strictly podcast like Matt Walsh and Uncle Savage who are also quite popular. Local talk is equally robust.

Riddle me this batman, serious question.

How do they know exactly how many people have tuned in to a station? How does anyone know that my static receiver picked up a transmission. Not sent anything, but only received.

Digital viewing numbers are more acceptable but just as likely to be fabricated to enhance ad marketing ability.

Kathy Barnette was on the rich zeoli show this morning. She answered some of the allegations about her military service. https://www.audacy.com/1210wpht/podc...rmy-1412352113

PickingPA Guest

Not that it will make a difference because they have social media people who run their accounts, but I put this out on truth social today directed at Hannity

@seanhannity

I was disappointed that you chose to endorse the fake Republican Dr Oz for PA Senate, but whatever. You are not a PA Conservative and you are not far removed from Hollywood Elite status yourself.

Now I’m absolutely DISGUSTED that you are engaging in the outright LIES and made up BS against the only real MAGA candidate in this race #kathybarnette

Sean - Have some respect for PA voters and keep your nose OUT OF OUR POLITICS!

NOBODY in PA wants that FRAUD OZ!!!

Hannity WHO?

(Lancaster County)

^^^ Too long. All that needs to be said "Hannity, you're an asshole. You've always been one"
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Riddle me this batman, serious question.

How do they know exactly how many people have tuned in to a station? How does anyone know that my static receiver picked up a transmission. Not sent anything, but only received.

Digital viewing numbers are more acceptable but just as likely to be fabricated to enhance ad marketing ability.
    Its largely estimated the same way they used to do TV ratings in the 80's. They sample a smaller subset of the population and extrapolate.

But its probably reliable because advertisers rell on those numbers for ad space pricing. And because there is BIG money involved, the advertisers certainly do their own polling to verify it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Kathy Barnette was on the rich zeoli show this morning. She answered some of the allegations about her military service. https://www.audacy.com/1210wpht/podc...rmy-1412352113
    The establishment is freaking out about her surge in the polls so all the dirty tricks are in play. She explains and acquits herself quite well in the interview. Among other things, she's been attacked for not providing her DD214. She did time in the Army, NG and Army Reserve. She does have a DD-214 for her time in the AD USA, but I know personally that in reserve components it's a different form number. They're trying to say she is dishonest about her service based on false timeline discrepancies off her DD-214.

Also, she states emphatically she has not nor has she ever supported BLM or blamed white racism for the nation's ills and that short video circulated is clearly a contrived hit piece based on out-of-context sound bites.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Carbon County)

she will be on war room at 5
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 48 of 196 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast