Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: PA's US Senate Seat Election 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jkl56 View Post
    So who is the best candidate?
    Carla Sands is certainly spending some money on ads but has no info on her website
    Kathy Barnett at least says all the right things
    Would any of the others even be electable for a state wide office?

The more I learn of Carla Sands, the more I like her. She's looking like a solid constitutional conservative.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    The more I learn of Carla Sands, the more I like her. She's looking like a solid constitutional conservative.
    I don't recall hearing of her.

Dr. Oz's TV shows have to be cancelled due to equal time laws with elections
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

I dunno, it sounds to me like Dr. Oz committed voter fraud.

According to an Associated Press report, *[Dr. Oz] began voting in Pennsylvania*s elections this year by absentee ballot, registered to his in-laws* address in suburban Philadelphia.*
    Dr. Oz responds to criticism that he doesn't live in Pennsylvania, where he is running for U.S. Senate

(York County)

Dr Oz - “I grew up just across the border south of Philadelphia,” Dr. Oz said. “I went to medical school in Philadelphia, went to business school in Philadelphia, met and married my wife, which was the best thing I ever did, 36 years ago in Philadelphia, and she bore two children in Philadelphia. I came home a year ago. It feels good to be back. I love the state and I will represent it honorably.”

Good for him.

I also grew up just across the state line in Maryland. I also went to college in Philadelphia. I also just moved into Pennsylvania within the last year.

You know what that makes me?

A native Marylander who moved to PA.

(York County)

Also.... Oz's entire experience with PA seems to be in Philadelphia.

I think we can agree that is not the kind of Pennsylvanian the state wants representing it.

(Berks County)

I seem to recall a stunt like his being tried not too long ago and I don't think it panned out in the candidate's favor. I seem to think that that one had two residences even but didn't spend most of his time where he wanted to run for office.

(Chester County)

Not a fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    ?

He*s running, along with others already announced and some who have not announced yet. Anyone can run. There will be a primary election which will choose which registered Republican will run against Fetterman for the seat.

Your comment is like looking at the 2016 Republican primary field of 16+ candidates and saying *Carley Fiorino, is that really the best the GOP can put up for President?*
    That's not what I was intending at all. But in terms of name recognition, Dr. Oz seems to have an advantage which isn't good for us. With many candidates in a primary field, a well-known but unpopular candidate may still be able to win with a plurality if the voters who don't want him aren't unified behind another candidate. So far, I'm not aware of another candidate who stands out by name alone, hence my concern that Oz may be the candidate that stands the best chance of winning the primary (at present).

Maybe it came across as putting the cart before the horse, but obviously the primary matters. I was just expressing concern that I don't see a candidate (so far) with solid constitutional conservative principles AND state-wide name recognition.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    That's not what I was intending at all. But in terms of name recognition, Dr. Oz seems to have an advantage which isn't good for us. With many candidates in a primary field, a well-known but unpopular candidate may still be able to win with a plurality if the voters who don't want him aren't unified behind another candidate. So far, I'm not aware of another candidate who stands out by name alone, hence my concern that Oz may be the candidate that stands the best chance of winning the primary (at present).

Maybe it came across as putting the cart before the horse, but obviously the primary matters. I was just expressing concern that I don't see a candidate (so far) with solid constitutional conservative principles AND state-wide name recognition.
    I agree and hope that he takes the same path that Bloomberg did when he thought he could buy his way into the White House. He failed miserably.

(Chester County)

Mehmet Oz has Turkish citizenship, just as I thought Americans are not named Mehmet Cengiz Öz.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast