Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 82 of 196 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA's US Senate Seat Election 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Trump was featured on the HOME PAGE. Now moved to the ENDORSEMENTS page

He will move to distance himself from Trump as we get closer to Nov
    I can see that,depending on how the kangaroo court plays out.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And if he says he would, we vote for lurch?
    I am not sure where that conclusion is coming from.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I am not sure where that conclusion is coming from.
    Not trying to speak for Walleye, but here’s how I took it:

His answer or refusal to answer your proposed question is irrelevant now. He’s the nominee and we no longer have a second option to choose.

Demanding that he answer your question NOW is pointless. Getting him on record BEFORE the primaries could have had a meaningful result in which Republican voters chose to support.

So we are left with Lurch or abstain, if you don’t like Oz’s answer to your question

(Berks County)

And did we foolishly think it couldn't get any worse than Toomey?

Has anyone mentioned lately that we're doomed? Well, just in case and to be sure,

We're doomed!

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    And did we foolishly think it couldn't get any worse than Toomey?

Has anyone mentioned lately that we're doomed? Well, just in case and to be sure,

We're doomed!

May 24th

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...07#post4624107

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Not trying to speak for Walleye, but here*s how I took it:

His answer or refusal to answer your proposed question is irrelevant now. He*s the nominee and we no longer have a second option to choose.

Demanding that he answer your question NOW is pointless. Getting him on record BEFORE the primaries could have had a meaningful result in which Republican voters chose to support.

So we are left with Lurch or abstain, if you don*t like Oz*s answer to your question
    I'm holding my nose and voting for him no matter what. But this is an issue that is important to me and I want to know am I getting the oz who seemed in favor of red flag laws on his show or the guy who suddenly turned against them when he decided to run.

He needs the vote of gun owners to win in November. We have power right now. Next year all we will have is the ability to do is bitch and moan about anything he does and talk about primarying him in 2028. After November anything he's does will not matter for another 6 years. If he's the supporter of the 2nd he says he is get him on record now so that he feels the heat if he changes his mind the next time a vote comes up that impacts our rights. Get him on record while he still needs our vote to win.

If he supports the current bill then potential voters who are considering investing in him should know where stands. Playing smoke and mirror games now hiding where he stands on issues because it might turn people off is the price of being a rhino.

I know people right now who are saying that they will not vote for him in November. To me that is cutting off your nose to spite your face. But if he comes out against attempts to limit the 2nd now it might get people who are currently refusing to vote for him to waver as we get closer to the election. This is his chance to put it the sound bites that may get more potential voters to vote for him. Or he can coffee and avoid important issues to his base and not win anyone to his cause.

In the end though, being afraid of the answer oz gives to any question because of how that answer might affect people says all you need to know about oz and gives me a better understanding of why people won't vote for him.
    Why vote fort someone who you can't ask real world important questions because you are afraid of the answers they will give.

I don't want Fetterman to win in November. I realize what is at stake in the Senate. I also don't want to walk on eggshells being afraid of where the person I support really stands on issues I care about and being afraid of what his answers might be because of how those answers will make people feel.

Right now oz can turn non votes into votes for him by standing up for the 2nd. If he comes out on record and says I would not vote for these infringements on the 2nd he could start writing a new chapter in how people look at him and start earning some supporters and make it easier to pull the lever for him.

PickingPA Guest

And by staunchly claiming to support 2A, he loses the suburban liberals that see him as a bridge to moderation

He needs their votes too, and he knows it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Hold your nose, don't cut it off in spite.
    But now is the time to press hard on OZ to get a public declaration of his commitment to the Founding Principles - Not some mumbo-jumbo, wishy-washy RINO weasel words. His feet need to be held to the fire NOW, while he is still seeking the electorate support, to commit to conservative goals, not simply his own agenda (whatever that might be).
    The battle now is to get Oz elected since the R's, once again, could not get a conservative thru the primary elections - what idiots. No matter the quality of Oz as a conservative, the battle is to get enough R's in the senate to give them the gavel.

The goal now should be Control of the Senate - even if the R you're voting for is a RINO.

The statewide R's should be working NOW to get a true conservative ready for the 2028 elections. They need to get a set of meaningful messages regarding the founding principles (not some social BS that has the government controlling personal choices), push those principle-based messages thru every conservative politician in the party, and get people to understand that they personally should control their lives and our representatives should protect ALL PEOPLE from the governmental overreach.

We need to get off this 'bullet train' of governmental control that is taking us to destruction, on the rails to HELL with 'good intentions'.

Failing that kind of effort, the state government & both parties are going to continue to be complicit in the demise of America.

Last edited by ImminentDanger; June 22nd, 2022 at 10:08 PM.

PickingPA Guest

The battle now is to get Oz elected since the R's, once again, could not get a conservative thru the primary elections - what idiots. No matter the quality of Oz as a conservative, the battle is to get enough R's in the senate to give them the gavel.

The goal now should be Control of the Senate - even if the R you're voting for is a RINO.

The statewide R's should be working NOW to get a true conservative ready for the 2028 elections. They need to get a set of meaningful messages regarding the founding principles (not some social BS that has the government controlling personal choices), push those principle-based messages thru every conservative politician in the party, and get people to understand that they personally should control their lives and our representatives should protect ALL PEOPLE from the governmental overreach.

We need to get off this 'bullet train' of governmental control that is taking us to destruction, on the rails to HELL with 'good intentions'.

Failing that kind of effort, the state government & both parties are going to continue to be complicit in the demise of America.

^ yup, this right here

(Bucks County)

The statewide R's should be working NOW to get a true conservative ready for the 2028 elections.
    Why not 2024 when Casey is up for reelection?

Page 82 of 196 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast