Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 80 of 196 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA's US Senate Seat Election 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, and Todd Hoffman thinks that there's a yuuugggge pay strike, "right in through here".
    Do you believe Fetterman would have beaten McCormick by a much larger margin?

I'm only saying that with either Oz or McCormick that the election will likely be much closer than a Barnette v Fetterman race.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

I'm only saying that with either Oz or McCormick that the election will likely be much closer than a Barnette v Fetterman race.
    I'm not saying anything. I've been around long enough to know that I cannot predict election outcomes.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    It appears that by so many of us voting for Barnette to not let OZ get in, we actually helped him.
    No it was stupid people believing the Oz attack ads against her and the ignorant.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

That*s what the RNC wants you to believe and the RNC would rather lose than see constitutional candidates win or Trump America first populist. Oz is a progressive democrat and we are screwed.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    The issue with the SC wasn't the recount, it had to do with counting or discarding mail-in and absentee ballots with errors (no date, wrong date, no signature, etc.). The fear on the republican side was that the possibility of "codifying" the "ballot curing" by allowing it in the republican primary would then provide the democrats with the cover they'd need to also allow it in the general.
    Something fishy here. What I read was that the ballots in question overwhelmingly favored McCormick. I was really surprised that he conceded. Someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse?

Something fishy here. What I read was that the ballots in question overwhelmingly favored McCormick. I was really surprised that he conceded. Someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse?
    I am kind of interested to see if he walks away with anything. It is politics after all.

But even if the ballots overwhelmingly favored McCormick it would not have been enough and he would have had to make up more votes through the recount. He was losing by 922 votes at last count. They say there were 819 ballots in question.

So let*s say McCormick gets 90 percent of those ballots. That would still leave Oz ahead by about 185 votes. He would need the recount to make up the rest. Possible but not necessarily probable.

We're really at the point where voting is like owning an indoor cat. You're just checking the box for a piece of shit.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Westmoreland County)

I watched someone connected to the Oz campaign state that most of the ballots in question were from Philly and Berks counties. Oz apparently had at least some support in Berks and according to this source, McCormick would not have received an overwhelming majority of the outstanding ballots. He may have eaten into Oz's lead but the source said all the bets were on Oz to ultimately win and the McCormick campaign knew it was over.

There was allot of money riding on McCormick and I don't think his $$$ backers would have agreed to concede unless the writing was on the wall.

(Berks County)

FWIW, I read an article on this and the claim was that The Lizard of Oz was Trump's candidate and McCormick was The Turtle's candidate. IF that is true, it does say something, to me at least. I just hope that Oz proves us wrong.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    FWIW, I read an article on this and the claim was that The Lizard of Oz was Trump's candidate and McCormick was The Turtle's candidate. IF that is true, it does say something, to me at least. I just hope that Oz proves us wrong.
    McCormick definitely had the establishment National GOP backing, while the state GOP establishment was supporting Bartos first but with the assumption that he could not afford the battle, with McCormick as their back up guy

Page 80 of 196 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast