Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 78 of 196 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA's US Senate Seat Election 2022

Oh boy, if you vote for this person, it's really a vote for THAT person, and if you don't vote for this other person, it's de facto FIFTY votes for that other person...

sigh
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    It appears that by so many of us voting for Barnette to not let OZ get in, we actually helped him.
    I can live with it. I get the different view points. Sometimes you have to think strategically. Sometimes you have to go with who you think is best. People who voted like you and me going with who they thought was best (Barnette in this case) might have led to us getting the 3rd best. But if we all just looked at the top two candidates every time and voted strategically, then we will never get the best if they are outside the top two. How often do you hear the time for making a change is during the primaries. I*m not going to regret going for Barnette because the end result was Oz getting in.

I went with who I legit thought was best in the primary. Now I will go strategically. I will not do anything that lets a Fetterman get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I can live with it. I get the different view points. Sometimes you have to think strategically. Sometimes you have to go with who you think is best. People who voted like you and me going with who they thought was best (Barnette in this case) might have led to us getting the 3rd best. But if we all just looked at the top two candidates every time and voted strategically, then we will never get the best if they are outside the top two. How often do you hear the time for making a change is during the primaries. I*m not going to regret going for Barnette because the end result was Oz getting in.

I went with who I legit thought was best in the primary. Now I will go strategically. I will not do anything that lets a Fetterman get in.
    I agree. Picking the best choice in a pretty close 3-way primary makes sense.

In the general, do whatever you can to stop the worst from getting in office (i.e. lesser of two evils).

Lurch Fetterman will definitely be worse than Oz. Even as a RINO (like Toomey), Oz might occasionally do the right thing out of perceived obligation to the party. Whereas Lurch will always, ALWAYS do the wrong thing.

And the 3rd party will never, ever make it into office to begin with.

The time for voting with your heart (and your brain) is during the primary.
    The time for voting with your brain is during the general.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I am not 100% positive Fetterman will even make it to the election. Just read today he has cardiomyopathy.
    He'll get elected, then die and his wife will be appointed to fill his seat.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I am not 100% positive Fetterman will even make it to the election. Just read today he has cardiomyopathy.
    He better make sure he goes and gets that next booster lmao

It's delicious irony as those who champion the shot, fall from it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    I agree. Picking the best choice in a pretty close 3-way primary makes sense.

In the general, do whatever you can to stop the worst from getting in office (i.e. lesser of two evils).

Lurch Fetterman will definitely be worse than Oz. Even as a RINO (like Toomey), Oz might occasionally do the right thing out of perceived obligation to the party. Whereas Lurch will always, ALWAYS do the wrong thing.

And the 3rd party will never, ever make it into office to begin with.

The time for voting with your heart (and your brain) is during the primary.
    The time for voting with your brain is during the general.
    Yup...

I'll be reluctantly voting for Oz in November...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post

Very well stated and I agree 100%

I worked the polls this primary and in our precinct there were lots of older folks really keen on Oz , he won our precinct handily.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    He'll get elected, then die and his wife will be appointed to fill his seat.
    Based about how Pa interprets the 17 Amendment If Mastriano were to win he could appoint a Republican to the spot if Fetterman wins or something happened to Casey. I don*t know what Mastriano would do though.

Unfortunately that would also mean Shapiro could appoint anyone he wants if he wins including Fettermans wife. Given how far left Shapiro is, you can be sure that that whoever it is would make Fetterman proud. It also means that if Shapiro wins and something were to happen to Oz he could potentially replace Oz with Fetterman himself assuming he is still alive.

I mainly bring this up because some states have a law that you have to replace a Senator who can*t serve with someone from that Senators same political party. States without that law have a lot more intrigue in the replacement process.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    Very well stated and I agree 100%

I worked the polls this primary and in our precinct there were lots of older folks really keen on Oz , he won our precinct handily.

That*s good to hear. In the primary I was hoping that his fame would work against him and people would easily see him as a carpetbagger. Now I am hoping that fame and name recognition carry*s him and that Republicans can get past the carpetbagger aspect and his other potential RINO shortcomings.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I'm registered independent and can't vote in the primary. In November, I will vote for whomever you guys send me.
    You guys had one job...

Page 78 of 196 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast