Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Removing standard front/gas block sights from an Stag Arms AR15

Which gave you more than one gun....something to which any gun fancier can relate, and it adds up to "arsenal" to scare the 'flakes.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowFlyer View Post
    Thank you people. The front sight pins were tapered and came out right to left (left-handed Stag, I live in a backward world). Thanks to all those that chimed in. The article from ammoland.com was very informative (along with all your comments). I finally changed out my carbine "standard" handguard w/a more "mean and angry" looking handguard. Can't wait to see the 'horror' look of my neighbor's sister! (Very anti-firearm/Second Amendment. Her brother won't even tell her they have protection in the house and EVERYBODY knows how to use them/it.)

Huh, can't seem to post picture....I'll figure it out later....
    "Right to left"? Sounds like it was assembled backwards. What, does it have left hand rifling? I checked the video and it is being disassembled left to right.

(Bucks County)

The Ammoland piece makes no sense when discussing pins. It shows a round-head pin having an obvious taper, and below that a flat-headed pin having a straight taper. A straight taper, it seems, is no taper at all. If so, then calling it a taper is just plain wrong. And...a straight pin sans any taper can be driven either way.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Clinton County)

Mine was the same way when I swapped out the sight/gas block back in 2012. Can't tell you how many videos I watched with others going left to right. Got to looking at the pins more and sure as shit drove 'em out right to left. Only Stag!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    "Right to left"? Sounds like it was assembled backwards. What, does it have left hand rifling? I checked the video and it is being disassembled left to right.
    Looking out the barrel the rifling is clock-wise, so I presume L.H. rifling....? Remember it is left-handed.
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)

(Carbon County)

Ha! Ha! I had a guy in training say the same thing. I had forgotten about that. Believe me, we all do dumb things. Clockwise IS right hand and it does not matter which end you look in. By the way, that guy turned out to be one of the best I ever worked with.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The Ammoland piece makes no sense when discussing pins. It shows a round-head pin having an obvious taper, and below that a flat-headed pin having a straight taper. A straight taper, it seems, is no taper at all. If so, then calling it a taper is just plain wrong. And...a straight pin sans any taper can be driven either way.
    Depends on the barrel. If the barrel previously had taper pins, it usually does not work out too well. It will cock the front sight assembly to one side. I have seen this when using salvaged parts. I watched the Ammoland flick. I have to agree, this guy is more confused than the people he is instructing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12