Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Leesport Gun & Knife Show at Leesport Farmer's Market - March 6 & 7, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by pappyspal View Post
    I thought it was a waist of time. Might as well went to a flea market.
    I learned my lesson years ago. I went a bunch of times thinking this show would get better, but it never did.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Leesport Gun & Knife Show at Leesport Farmer's Market - March 6 & 7, 2021

As usual, we get responses from the "critics" who want to put small shows out of business. We were set up there. It was an EXCELLENT show for us. We sold almost half of the arms inventory we brought(!), and we sold ammunition, sold scopes, and sold various parts and accessories. I'm betting that some people would post positive comments, but most of those people don't post simply to "hear themselves talk." Most of them are busy enough with life that they don't post at all. Please read on...

Yes, there are vendors there with non-gun-related stuff for sale, yet a lot of people post about going to Oaks shows for the jerky and pickles ... (?) ... again, just to hear themselves talk. Provide a decent idea of what you saw while there, BUT FIRST, take the time to look at what you are seeing while you are there. Do you know what items should cost? If you say things are overpriced, yet I'm selling a lot of my inventory, it's likely that you are not aware of the market. Marlin 336 rifles don't sell for $200 anymore.

Someone else would appreciate knowing that about 70% of the vendors there had some tables containing guns, that there is only one bulk ammunition dealer, but a lot of other guys have miscellaneous ammo, that there are a decent number of AR parts, that there are only a few guys with black powder stuff, that Ed's Gun Shop wasn't there, that some women were selling beef sticks, cheese, and jams, and another guy had jerky, knives, pepper spray, and tasers, that there were several guys with military surplus clothing and gun parts, that there was a guy making custom leather products, and similar stuff. Post accurate information, not "waste of my time." That kind of post might discourage a guy who would find something he really wants if he went. Please let the promoter and vendors have their shot. We're certainly not trying to make the show a waste of your time, nor ours.

As for the number of vendors, it didn't help that Eagle (a competing show promoter) was promoting two shows (Allentown and Gettysburg) the same weekend as this, but the tables at Leesport were mostly full. Unfortunate that Ed's Gun Shop wasn't there, and unfortunate that Minuteman Arms only does Saturdays. He has guns, ammo, reloading supplies, but is never there Sunday. A lot of the smaller vendors had useful stuff. I bought some parts to enhance my own inventory, and those parts will be valuable to someone who comes to other shows looking for them.

This Leesport show is pretty consistent. Yes, it's only 200 tables. However, there's always ammunition, there's always a fair selection of all sorts of guns, there's always AR parts, there's always jerky and sometimes other goodies, the kitchen food is decent, and we're sorry if you want a 1,000 table show, but try to let us keep it going. Thank you for understanding... and obviously, I like to hear myself talk.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob0217 View Post
    As usual, we get responses from the "critics" who want to put small shows out of business. We were set up there. It was an EXCELLENT show for us. We sold almost half of the arms inventory we brought(!), and we sold ammunition, sold scopes, and sold various parts and accessories. I'm betting that some people would post positive comments, but most of those people don't post simply to "hear themselves talk." Most of them are busy enough with life that they don't post at all. Please read on...

Yes, there are vendors there with non-gun-related stuff for sale, yet a lot of people post about going to Oaks shows for the jerky and pickles ... (?) ... again, just to hear themselves talk. Provide a decent idea of what you saw while there, BUT FIRST, take the time to look at what you are seeing while you are there. Do you know what items should cost? If you say things are overpriced, yet I'm selling a lot of my inventory, it's likely that you are not aware of the market. Marlin 336 rifles don't sell for $200 anymore.

Someone else would appreciate knowing that about 70% of the vendors there had some tables containing guns, that there is only one bulk ammunition dealer, but a lot of other guys have miscellaneous ammo, that there are a decent number of AR parts, that there are only a few guys with black powder stuff, that Ed's Gun Shop wasn't there, that some women were selling beef sticks, cheese, and jams, and another guy had jerky, knives, pepper spray, and tasers, that there were several guys with military surplus clothing and gun parts, that there was a guy making custom leather products, and similar stuff. Post accurate information, not "waste of my time." That kind of post might discourage a guy who would find something he really wants if he went. Please let the promoter and vendors have their shot. We're certainly not trying to make the show a waste of your time, nor ours.

As for the number of vendors, it didn't help that Eagle (a competing show promoter) was promoting two shows (Allentown and Gettysburg) the same weekend as this, but the tables at Leesport were mostly full. Unfortunate that Ed's Gun Shop wasn't there, and unfortunate that Minuteman Arms only does Saturdays. He has guns, ammo, reloading supplies, but is never there Sunday. A lot of the smaller vendors had useful stuff. I bought some parts to enhance my own inventory, and those parts will be valuable to someone who comes to other shows looking for them.

This Leesport show is pretty consistent. Yes, it's only 200 tables. However, there's always ammunition, there's always a fair selection of all sorts of guns, there's always AR parts, there's always jerky and sometimes other goodies, the kitchen food is decent, and we're sorry if you want a 1,000 table show, but try to let us keep it going. Thank you for understanding... and obviously, I like to hear myself talk.
    AMEND - Brother !!

I set-up at some PA shows and try to support the smaller venues when I can.

If you can't find something. you ain't looking !
    " it's two am, the gun is still warm "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12