Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Our insistence on freedom is costing us freedom

I believe that the problems are the cities of Mayors, judges & governors. FBIs name cities as "Dangerous." Not enough pressure and demonstrations by the people against the leaders, NOT THE GUNS.
    The longer the sentence the safer the city.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    You can have freedom or safety. I'll take freedom every time. When I first heard of stop and frisk I thought people were joking. I couldn't believe that could happen in this country. That is some shit that actual Nazis did. How about we go after people that are actually breaking the law and not trust a cop's spidey sense.
    People forget that under gulini it was stop, question, frisk.

Cops had to actually talk to people and have a reason. Cumomo took over and dropped the questioning.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    The problem with crime rate is not that the police aren't catching or investigating enough people, the problem is, when caught, criminals are given a slap on the hand and inserted back into society where they now have a criminal record and even less chance of ever becoming a productive member of society.
    The crime problem is not the cops on the streets, it's the court system. Most criminals are repeat, repeat, repeat offenders.
    I'm all for giving people a second chance, but not a third, fourth or fifth chance.
    This.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    But you are losing your freedom by bestowing the same freedom on the bad guys. Do you have a remedy?
    Punish bad guys. For real.
    Convict, jail or execution.
    Bad shit stops when folks get executed for being bad.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

I have not replied to any threads in a while but where I am at I have been to court three times for various things such as catching people looting neighbors houses. The sentencing was a joke and had it not been for the owner in one case loosing his mind due to $30000 of damage caused they would have basically had no sentence. Maybe crimes actually having a repercussion that these people fear would help. Most do not think twice or care about any of the consequences anymore. The shit NY and such did to the legal system made that even worse. We should not have people out there that have books for rap sheets. If that is the case the system failed massively. Especially since they were not going continue to commit crimes.

You can have police be effective and do their jobs without mass rights violations. This use to be done in the past. Greedy and power hungry people is what ended this. It had nothing to do with crime. Just like the red flag laws. I looked at Virginia before this and there was a legal proceeding you could use to serve a PFA and remove firearms. They just did not use it. I am sure it was like that in most states. To hard to do the job legitimately so do something easy and then go back and make the person fight to show they were wronged. Easier then making a case against someone.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

I have not replied to any threads in a while but where I am at I have been to court three times for various things such as catching people looting neighbors houses. The sentencing was a joke and had it not been for the owner in one case loosing his mind due to $30000 of damage caused they would have basically had no sentence. Maybe crimes actually having a repercussion that these people fear would help. Most do not think twice or care about any of the consequences anymore. The shit NY and such did to the legal system made that even worse. We should not have people out there that have books for rap sheets. If that is the case the system failed massively. Especially since they were not going continue to commit crimes.

You can have police be effective and do their jobs without mass rights violations. This use to be done in the past. Greedy and power hungry people is what ended this. It had nothing to do with crime. Just like the red flag laws. I looked at Virginia before this and there was a legal proceeding you could use to serve a PFA and remove firearms. They just did not use it. I am sure it was like that in most states. To hard to do the job legitimately so do something easy and then go back and make the person fight to show they were wronged. Easier then making a case against someone.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    People forget that under gulini it was stop, question, frisk.

Cops had to actually talk to people and have a reason. Cumomo took over and dropped the questioning.
    If I'm not breaking the law I expect to be left alone. It doesn't matter what I look like. I don't want to be questioned for looking "suspicious". I don't care if crime dropped. I feel the same way about DUI checkpoints. Some douche bag cop asking me where I'm going and what I'm doing. It's a blatant violation of our constitutional rights but it's ok since it's for the greater good. People are only OK with it when they aren't the one's getting stopped.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Chester County)

Like to see a big protest at the judges house to remove him/her.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I hear that North Korea has virtually no street crime.
    Replace Turkish with North Korea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123