Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Sarco in Easton PA

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks_County_Buckmark View Post
    Can someone tell me.. Does Sarco sell inoperable or broken guns?

Went there today looking for a double barrel shotgun and they had dozens of them and very cheap by current standards.

BUT I had to ask, Why is there a big sign at the register?

NO RETURNS, NO REFUNDS, ALL SALES FINAL ALL ITEMS SOLD AS IS.

I don't want to pay a thousand dollars for a shotgun only to have to take it to a gunsmith to find out why it won't fire.
    I was told new guns are covered by the manufacture and used guns are as is.

I would think you wouldn't want to be known as the dealer who sells broken guns but the guy as the register said that's why the prices are so good.

Any testimonials?
    The point is some people can make them functional again for a project and are sold as is. Going there for broken guns IS the reason to go there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

I haven’t been there for years. They used to have crazy amounts of surplus gun parts. You could usually find whatever obscure thing you needed but had to be ok with getting grease and cosmoline all over you. I’ve had a hard on for milsurp stuff since I was single digits old so I don’t mind.

Supposedly they have a lot more there than what’s on display.

I never did much new gun shopping there. They were one of the first to stock the Rock Island .45s and had a pretty big selection of them. I bought a surplus Kareen Hebrew Hammer instead.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Unless they have a stash somewhere that I didn't see, they're not worthy of a drive from NW PA unless you're combining it with something else.
    They apparently did some sorting and partitioning since I was first there. It as pretty much open and they had carts and containers everywhere. And as I've been told , they do , or at least did , have other warehouses. I saw actual shopping carts full of new/old USGI Garand F&R handguards.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland45 View Post
    i dont think they sell broken guns, unless you count demilled items or the guns they have stored in barrels. Why would you go to a militaria store to spend a thousand dollars on a double gun anyway? was AF boyers closed or somthing? I bought quite a few parts from them over the years, always been good stuff for what I paid for them. the smith there seemed decent, ask him to look it over before buying.
    Just wanted to say after calling all the gun shops I frequent and no one having any side by sides I found out that Sarso had over two dozen on the floor. He said he had pallets of shotguns in the back too. I went back to Sarco with a checklist and the gun I really had my eye on passed with flying colors. I even think it was brand new and the only marks on it were from laying around and being shipped. ( It was a Bernardelli from Italy) But I just couldn't pull the trigger on the purchase.So I called AF Boyers and he actually had two shotguns for me to check out.I ended up buying the gun from AF, an american made side by side from New York....SO THANK YOU ROLAND
    p.s. The salesman at AF Boyers said he's been going to SARCO for years and they are reputable but getting parts for a surplus gun from Italy is going to be difficult if not impossible and very expensive to repair if anything goes wrong.
    Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

(Northampton County)

Glad I could help,
    75/15/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12