Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Sarco in Easton PA

Can someone tell me.. Does Sarco sell inoperable or broken guns?

Went there today looking for a double barrel shotgun and they had dozens of them and very cheap by current standards.

BUT I had to ask, Why is there a big sign at the register?

NO RETURNS, NO REFUNDS, ALL SALES FINAL ALL ITEMS SOLD AS IS.

I don't want to pay a thousand dollars for a shotgun only to have to take it to a gunsmith to find out why it won't fire.
    I was told new guns are covered by the manufacture and used guns are as is.

I would think you wouldn't want to be known as the dealer who sells broken guns but the guy as the register said that's why the prices are so good.

Any testimonials?

Default Re: Sarco in Easton PA

Sarco has always been mainly a military and obsolete parts house. They've always sold ''gunsmith specials''. Just like buying a junk yard car that's been stripped of parts , all warranties expire upon payment of invoice. Caveat Emptor!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

If you go to their shop ,bring a good flashlight, the lighting in there is cave like, passed through Allentown on a road trip and popped in and was somewhat disappointed in the place and the prices. The shop in Jersey some 20 -25 years ago was a much better place to visit

I cant fault them for offering no explicit warranties on parts/non functioning project guns...lots of Bubba's out there !

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    If you go to their shop ,bring a good flashlight, the lighting in there is cave like, passed through Allentown on a road trip and popped in and was somewhat disappointed in the place and the prices. The shop in Jersey some 20 -25 years ago was a much better place to visit

I cant fault them for offering no explicit warranties on parts/non functioning project guns...lots of Bubba's out there !
    The NJ shop! That brings back some memories I'd rather forget. Had several encounters with the NJ gestapo that always seemed to be around.

Wow, I didn't know they had a shop in PA. I bought some 1911 mags from them for $11 each. I had never heard of them except for an adds in some of the numerous gun magazines I read and figured for the price it was worth the try. They came quickly and work great

(Northampton County)

i dont think they sell broken guns, unless you count demilled items or the guns they have stored in barrels. Why would you go to a militaria store to spend a thousand dollars on a double gun anyway? was AF boyers closed or somthing? I bought quite a few parts from them over the years, always been good stuff for what I paid for them. the smith there seemed decent, ask him to look it over before buying.
    75/15/10

(Berks County)

It looked to me like SARCO sold everything from relics to good weapons and I don't see anything wrong with that. I expected the showroom to be bigger than it is but they had an interesting assortment of goods and I bought a couple of things when I was there a couple of months ago. YMMV
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    Wow, I didn't know they had a shop in PA. I bought some 1911 mags from them for $11 each. I had never heard of them except for an adds in some of the numerous gun magazines I read and figured for the price it was worth the try. They came quickly and work great
    They moved locks , stocks and barrels to PA about 10yrs ago. I was at their grand opening weekend. They didn't have things quite so organized as they do today. The amount and variety of stuff
    they had was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    They moved locks , stocks and barrels to PA about 10yrs ago. I was at their grand opening weekend. They didn't have things quite so organized as they do today. The amount and variety of stuff
    they had was impressive.
    Thanks. I am going to have go there someday. It's a bit of a drive from NW PA but I'd do it LOL

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    Thanks. I am going to have go there someday. It's a bit of a drive from NW PA but I'd do it LOL
    Unless they have a stash somewhere that I didn't see, they're not worthy of a drive from NW PA unless you're combining it with something else.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast