Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SPRINGFIELD ARMORY ANNOUNCES HELLCAT RD 9MM

Just announced today.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/intel/press-releases/springfield-armory-announces-hellcat-rdp-9mm/

hellcat.jpg

The new Hellcat RDP builds on the success and popularity of the original Hellcat OSP™ micro 9mm with the addition of a 3.8″ threaded barrel and an included Self Indexing Compensator. Compact and capable, the compensator vents gas from the barrel to significantly reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil. Made of lightweight 8082 aluminum, the compensator features a patented self-indexing mounting system that ensures the port is correctly oriented every time. That means it’s a breeze to install or remove with no need for shims or tools.

Also debuting today is HEX™ optics by Springfield Armory. Direct-mounted on the slide of the Hellcat RDP is the all-new HEX Wasp™ red dot, utilizing the Springfield Micro™ footprint made popular by the Hellcat OSP. The ruggedly built, IPX7 waterproof-rated Wasp features an aluminum body and an anti-glare-coated glass lens, and its low-mount design means it can co-witness with the handgun’s fixed tritium/luminescent front sight and Tactical Rack U-Notch rear sight.

I haven't shot a regular Hellcat yet.

Not sure about this. Took a concealable gun and made it longer. I am sure the comp makes it easier to shoot. But I don't know about the added length. Plus I think this particular comp is kinda ugly.

I mean, I carry a Glock 21 for Duty and sometimes carry a full size 1911 off duty, so I don't mind carrying a full size gun. But the Hellcat was designed as a compact carry gun.

Default Re: SPRINGFIELD ARMORY ANNOUNCES HELLCAT RD 9MM

900.00 ? ouch

(Erie County)

Yeah, I don't see the reason to take the Hellcat tactile. Pressure from the likes of the FN509CT?

I like my hellcat as I hardly know it's in my waistband.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    Just announced today.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/intel/press-releases/springfield-armory-announces-hellcat-rdp-9mm/

hellcat.jpg

The new Hellcat RDP builds on the success and popularity of the original Hellcat OSP™ micro 9mm with the addition of a 3.8″ threaded barrel and an included Self Indexing Compensator. Compact and capable, the compensator vents gas from the barrel to significantly reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil. Made of lightweight 8082 aluminum, the compensator features a patented self-indexing mounting system that ensures the port is correctly oriented every time. That means it’s a breeze to install or remove with no need for shims or tools.

Also debuting today is HEX™ optics by Springfield Armory. Direct-mounted on the slide of the Hellcat RDP is the all-new HEX Wasp™ red dot, utilizing the Springfield Micro™ footprint made popular by the Hellcat OSP. The ruggedly built, IPX7 waterproof-rated Wasp features an aluminum body and an anti-glare-coated glass lens, and its low-mount design means it can co-witness with the handgun’s fixed tritium/luminescent front sight and Tactical Rack U-Notch rear sight.

I haven't shot a regular Hellcat yet.

Not sure about this. Took a concealable gun and made it longer. I am sure the comp makes it easier to shoot. But I don't know about the added length. Plus I think this particular comp is kinda ugly.

I mean, I carry a Glock 21 for Duty and sometimes carry a full size 1911 off duty, so I don't mind carrying a full size gun. But the Hellcat was designed as a compact carry gun.
    Looks like they're taking inspiration from the Roland special, which originally was a G19 with a comp and Surefire X300, on which the X300 stuck out enough where the comp didn't add any length, and kept the lens of the X300 cleaner.

A comp on a carry gun is not the best idea. I wouldn't want that going off near my body or a passenger while shooting from a car.

(Montgomery County)

The red dot, upgraded trigger and even the threaded barrel I get... the comp though???

I EDC the Hellcat OSP and I'm scratching my head on this..............new offering. The price tag is a deterrent. The comp is added baggage. A little barrel length is OK and I have a Romeo zero on mine so those additions don't bother me. Don't know how this is going to sell for SA. Pretty select consumer group IMO.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Philadelphia County)

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    A comp on a carry gun is not the best idea. I wouldn't want that going off near my body or a passenger while shooting from a car.
    Very good point.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Nor would I want a windshield sticking up on my gun to snag on draw.

I personally only see handguns with those optics as pictured as range guns.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast