Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Shooting at Jefferson Gun Outlet in LA

This doesn't sound good.

Shooting at Jefferson Gun Outlet in Metairie

Jefferson Parish authorities were investigating a shooting that caused "multiple deaths" Saturday afternoon at a gun store and firing range in Metairie.
    Dozens of officers converged on Jefferson Gun Outlet, 6719 Airline Drive, at about 3:30 p.m. Patrol cars and ambulances lined the highway.
    No further information was immediately released by the Sheriff's Office.
    Reports from the scene say two separate shields were set up in the parking lot of the gun shop, which the JPSO typically uses to block the view of bodies. Near the shields, a handgun with an extended magazine was lying on the ground.
    Jefferson Gun Outlet's website bills the business as "the premier firearms outlet for the Greater New Orleans Area." It has a 14-lane, 25-yard indoor firing range.
    https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...ccf3489c1.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-orlea...g-near-airport

Default Re: Shooting at Jefferson Gun Outlet in LA

Did these things happen as much when orangemanbad was in office? Seems like a lot of shootings,
    since the pedo took over.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Did these things happen as much when orangemanbad was in office? Seems like a lot of shootings,
    Scary thing is, I think it's just going to get worse, then they'll roll out legislation to save us all. It will happen faster than Obamacare, and again "you'll have to read it to find out..." nonsense.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I don't like Biden, but there were plenty of mass shooting during Trump's administration. Los Vegas, Parkland, numerous church shootings, a Walmart mass shooting just to name a few. It appeared The mass shootings stop for a while since Covid restrictions came into place.

(Columbia County)

The latest news is the shooter was stopped by armed bystanders

Armed bystanders halt shooting spree that left 3 dead, including suspect, at Louisiana gun outlet: sheriff

Authorities said the shooter killed two victims at a gun store and range before armed bystanders intervened
    By Michael Ruiz | Fox News

Armed bystanders stopped a mass shooting in Louisiana that left three people dead, including the suspect, and two injured down the road from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport Saturday afternoon, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

"Arriving deputies located several victims suffering from gunshot wounds," the sheriff said in a statement. "Three individuals were pronounced dead on the scene, and two more were transported to a local hospital for treatment. The two transported victims are in stable condition."
    It happened near a gun shop and shooting range on the 6700 block of Airline Drive in Metairie, La., just west of New Orleans, and armed bystanders helped subdue the gunman, according to authorities.

"At this time, it appears a suspect shot two victims inside the location, then was engaged and shot outside the location by multiple other individuals," the sheriff's statement continued. "The suspect is one of the deceased on scene."
    It was not immediately clear whether the good Samaritans were customers, outlet employees or other individuals.
    The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' New Orleans office said it was sending special agents to assist local deputies with the investigation.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joe Lopinto was expected to deliver a news briefing at 5 p.m. local time.
    New Orleans Advocate reporter Ramon Vargas wrote on Twitter that he saw two screens used to shield bodies from view set up outside the Jefferson Gun Outlet and a handgun on the ground.

The gunfire comes roughly two months after a Christmas Eve shooting left two men dead in Metairie, according to the sheriff*s office.
    In that case, police responded to reports of possible gunfire and found both victims dead in a car outside an apartment building on Yale Street.
    Two weeks before that, another four men were shot in Metairie, two of them fatally.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-orlea...g-near-airport

(Montgomery County)

Someone who brought a loaded magazine in, asked to see a gun and started shooting? Just my guess. Otherwise a gun shop isn't typically the best choice of venue to rack up body numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Someone who brought a loaded magazine in, asked to see a gun and started shooting? Just my guess. Otherwise a gun shop isn't typically the best choice of venue to rack up body numbers.
    "At this time, it appears a suspect shot two victims inside the location, then was engaged and shot outside the location by multiple other individuals". I don't know, but it looks like some armed citizens brought the killer down according to the quote I just posted. So it was a good thing that some people were armed and ready to respond.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I don't like Biden, but there were plenty of mass shooting during Trump's administration. Los Vegas, Parkland, numerous church shootings, a Walmart mass shooting just to name a few. It appeared The mass shootings stop for a while since Covid restrictions came into place.
    It seems odd, but you are right. It feels like its been awhile,
    since there was one during oranges term.

(Northampton County)

It must have been the extended magazine that caused the deaths. Glad they mentioned that.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    "At this time, it appears a suspect shot two victims inside the location, then was engaged and shot outside the location by multiple other individuals". I don't know, but it looks like some armed citizens brought the killer down according to the quote I just posted. So it was a good thing that some people were armed and ready to respond.
    probably the other employees at the gunshop. Never looked behind the counter of one but I don't think you can go 10 feet without finding a loaded gun stashed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast