Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: So Carjackings are a thing these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Stupidest thing I read today in that story:

*It*s a big concern. I mean, you can see the violence in the city is growing over the pandemic," stated David Macfarland.
    Maybe he was referring to the Krasner/Kenny pandemic.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Watch/hear a little turn carjacker squeal like a piggie as he gets body slammed.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/st...-like-a-pig%2F

Another blight, thanks to an incompetent District Attorney

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police continue to search for two men wanted for an armed carjacking in Center City. New surveillance video was released Monday. The incident occurred around 9:42 p.m. on April 3 on the 300 block of Walnut Street. Authorities said the male suspects pulled a gun on another man in a parking lot. They demanded the keys to his Audi Q7 SUV, along with his wallet and iPhone.
    https://6abc.com/2-suspects-sought-i...king/10552114/

CHICAGO (WLS) - A Marine Corps veteran died just days short of his 74th birthday when attackers in Chicago beat him up while trying to steal his car.

Keith Cooper, 73, survived two combat tours as a Marine in Vietnam, only to be killed in broad daylight while running errands in his neighborhood. Police say two people demanded Cooper*s car then attacked him, repeatedly punching him in the head, around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
    https://www.wjhg.com/2021/07/15/viet...cking-chicago/

I wonder if the cops carry pre-made artist's sketches of the perps in cases like this . . .
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Car owner was twice the idiot.

Wisconsin authorities said Sunday that a 13-year-old female carjacking suspect, as well as a driver who shot at the girl attempting to make a getaway, will both face criminal charges.

The shooting happened around 5:30 p.m. Friday, after Kenosha Police say a person left a vehicle running and unattended at a gas station at 50th Street and Sheridan Road. A female juvenile allegedly stole the car and was driving away when the owner fired shots at the car, striking the girl, police said.

The girl, who has not been named by authorities, was transported to Children*s Hospital. She remained hospitalized as of Sunday, the Kenosha Police Department said in an update shared on Twitter, also announcing the 13-year-old will have charges referred to juvenile court.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin...spect-shooting

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Seems the owner of the car shot into his own property and hit his target. I disagree with the statement he did anything reckless or criminal, and his actions lead to the successful arrest of a felon.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Monroe County)

If the article is correct and these days you never know, the owner of the car screwed up twice, first by leaving the car running and allowing a thief to get in and drive away and secondly by shooting at his own car in an attempt to stop the theft, IANAL but shooting in the general direction of someone moving away from you is not a good idea legally or in todays anti-gun atmosphere. Bullets tend to travel through glass, sheetmetal and plastic and sometimes hit others not involved with the incident.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    If the article is correct and these days you never know, the owner of the car screwed up twice, first by leaving the car running and allowing a thief to get in and drive away and secondly by shooting at his own car in an attempt to stop the theft, IANAL but shooting in the general direction of someone moving away from you is not a good idea legally or in todays anti-gun atmosphere. Bullets tend to travel through glass, sheetmetal and plastic and sometimes hit others not involved with the incident.
    The pertinent laws would vary from state to state. My understanding is that in PA, a felon fleeing in the act of committing a felony, is fair game. The fact that the perp is a child should be irrelevant and should not even come into play, as he had no way of knowing that at the time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Then why do we let cops use them?

That argument is specious. Obviously it was well aimed fair and hit the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The pertinent laws would vary from state to state. My understanding is that in PA, a felon fleeing in the act of committing a felony, is fair game. The fact that the perp is a child should be irrelevant and should not even come into play, as he had no way of knowing that at the time.
    The courts have limited it to common law felonies, and the person must be trying to effect a citizens arrest / stop a fleeing felon.

Given some of the nonsense that we have made felonies, I can*t disagree with that.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast