Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: So Carjackings are a thing these days...

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The people of Philadelphia and every other American city are at fault for this. They elected people that will not enforce the law and actually protect the criminals rather than protect the people that pay their salaries. Stupid is as stupid does. In every major American city it's the same story, the people elect Mayors and DA's that rather protect criminals than the citizens. Fix it yourself and stop crying about crime because it must be what the people want since their elected officials perpetuate the crime on innocent citizens and keep getting reelected.
    For whatever reason the majority of Philadelphian*s will vote Democrat. I know part of it is a big union thing, especially the construction trades, who ironically are accused of having the least amount of minority representation. The crazy part is we didn*t do too bad law & order wise with the previous 4 mayors, 3 of whom were black. But with the current mayor, who comes from 2 Street in South Philly, who*s father was a firefighter, who was a councilman who was mentored by Vince Fumo, who was originally a law & order guy, has turned out to be a huge progressive and turned 180 degrees on his old beliefs. Kenney does not represent the working man. That all came as a surprise. We all knew what we were getting with Krasner.

A lot of people are fed up, but whether they turn out to vote is another story. Time will tell.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    And you also stated: Especially in Philly where vehicular homicide is one of the preferred methods of murder.

Vehicular homicide is no where near the preferred method of murder. We have been having an enormous uptick in fatal pedestrians struck by autos, but they were not intentional murders. And we have a lot of drive-by shootings from autos, but that is not vehicular homicide.

I question your use of *vehicular homicide* and also *the preferred method of murder*. That is not the case at all.
    "...one of the preferred methods." And when you add in drive by shootings, well there you have it. Intent? That's a whole other kettle of fish.

(Berks County)

And you also stated: Especially in Philly where vehicular homicide is one of the preferred methods of murder.

Vehicular homicide is no where near the preferred method of murder. We have been having an enormous uptick in fatal pedestrians struck by autos, but they were not intentional murders. And we have a lot of drive-by shootings from autos, but that is not vehicular homicide.

I question your use of *vehicular homicide* and also *the preferred method of murder*. That is not the case at all.
    Unless the car is driving down the sidewalk, there is no excuse to get hit by a car. If you're that stupid and/or unaware you shouldn't cross the street.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

For whatever reason the majority of Philadelphian*s will vote Democrat. I know part of it is a big union thing, especially the construction trades, who ironically are accused of having the least amount of minority representation. The crazy part is we didn*t do too bad law & order wise with the previous 4 mayors, 3 of whom were black. But with the current mayor, who comes from 2 Street in South Philly, who*s father was a firefighter, who was a councilman who was mentored by Vince Fumo, who was originally a law & order guy, has turned out to be a huge progressive and turned 180 degrees on his old beliefs. Kenney does not represent the working man. That all came as a surprise. We all knew what we were getting with Krasner.

A lot of people are fed up, but whether they turn out to vote is another story. Time will tell.
    It seems to me that the decent, law abiding citizens are outnumbered by the crooks and hoodlums and that there could only be one solution to the problem, one which is not acceptable here today.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Unless the car is driving down the sidewalk, there is no excuse to get hit by a car. If you're that stupid and/or unaware you shouldn't cross the street.
    Have you seen some of the drivers in Philadelphia ?

And even if it was the pedestrians fault, almost nobody stops after they strike the person.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChemDave View Post
    "...one of the preferred methods." And when you add in drive by shootings, well there you have it. Intent? That's a whole other kettle of fish.
    We have well over 70 murders to date in 2021 and not a single one was a person intentionally struck by a vehicle. So vehicular homicide is NOT a preferred method.

Shooting from a vehicle, does not make it vehicular homicide. I can*t explain it any more simpler.

(Berks County)

And even if it was the pedestrians fault, almost nobody stops after they strike the person.
    I have plenty of hours driving in Philthytown and would never relegate my safety to someone else. If you want to see entitlement (I know that you see it), just drive down there and watch them cross the street like they own it and they're the only ones around. Then it's, "boo, hoo, hoo, I got hit". And when you already have warrants out on you, stopping for such an event is not in your best interest.

(Bucks County)

We have well over 70 murders to date in 2021 and not a single one was a person intentionally struck by a vehicle. So vehicular homicide is NOT a preferred method.

Shooting from a vehicle, does not make it vehicular homicide. I can*t explain it any more simpler.
    ^^^ This is understood. Still think criminals use vehicles as weapons.

(Berks County)

Eh, not sure if you are confusing terms, but nowhere near correct.
    Homocide? Don't try and defend Philly. We Remember Hitch-bot.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

I've driven in Philly. Old Town. Liberty bell crap. Them mother fuks. If you don't aim at them they never stop crossing the intersection. You'll sit through infinite green lights. They just keep walking.

Rodney King
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast