Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Default Re: So Carjackings are a thing these days...

Just because her hypocrisy needs as much visibility as we can give it -

While on tour in Philadelphia today with her fellow legislators, U.S. Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon was carjacked at gunpoint at 2:46 p.m. in FDR Park.

The congresswoman, a 62 year-old Democrat from Pennsylvania's 5th congressional district, which includes South Philly, was returning to her parked car in the 1900 block of Pattison Avenue when, according to police, she was approached by two black males, between 20 and 30 years of age, driving a dark-colored SUV.

Both males were armed and demanded the keys to her vehicle. They drove off with her blue 2017 Acura MDX with PA license plate LKG8893. The carjackers were last seen traveling west bound on Pattison Avenue towards Pennrose. They escaped with the congressman's U.S. government cellphone, purse and government ID.

No injuries were reported.

It's just been a couple of weeks since Dec. 7th, when one of Scanlon's fellow Democrats, Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner, famously declared at a news conference that there's no crisis of violent crime here in Philadelphia, and that visitors shouldn't be fearful about coming to town.

*We don*t have a crisis of lawlessness, we don*t have a crisis of crime, we don*t have a crisis of violence," Krasner famously insisted at a disaster of a press conference, a video that the D.A.'s office subsequently deleted from its Facebook page.
    https://www.bigtrial.net/2021/12/con...tour.html#more

. . . Rocky Balboa finishes his training run, powering up the steps of the art museum, before turning around and facing the City of Brotherly Love, pumping his fists in the air in triumph, when he is approached by two black males, between 20 and 30 years of age, driving a dark-colored SUV . . .
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Just because her hypocrisy needs as much visibility as we can give it -
    Im thinking the political elites are going to use this as an excuse to get elected officials of every stripe secret service detail.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Generally carjackings can be avoided by not driving in philthy cities.
    Driving a piece of shit helps too.

If that doesn't work, run the piece of shit over.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Some folks have to drive in the city. Some folks even want to live in the city. It*s not for everybody, but living in the sticks isn*t for everybody either.

BTW I have driven in the city since about 1980 and have never been carjacked. Not even in a blue & white or all white
    Is it true that police cars were called a "black and white" because there was a black guy in the back seat and a white guy driving?

(Carbon County)

and the evening before

Illinois Senate majority leader and husband carjacked in western suburbs

State Sen. Kimberly Lightford’s black Mercedes SUV was stolen at gunpoint Tuesday night in Broadview. She and her husband were uninjured, police say. They and a friend were coming back from “getting their hair done,” said Broadview’s police chief, who would not say if Lightford or her husband had a gun.

Illinois Senate Majority Leader Kimberly Lightford and her husband were carjacked Tuesday night in west suburban Broadview with masked gunmen stealing her 2018 Mercedes SUV, police said.

Lightford and her husband Eric McKennie were unharmed, according to a statement from Thomas Mills, chief of the Broadview Police Department.

At about 9:45 p.m., three masked gunmen driving a Dodge Durango SUV stole Lightford’s vehicle in the 2000 block of South 20th Avenue, Mills said. Broadview police officers are trying to identify the robbers with surveillance video, he said.

Mills said, “multiple shots were fired during the incident.”

A police dispatch recording shows police were initially confused about whether the senator was a victim.

“All I got is a female who’s not forthcoming with information, saying she was in the vehicle that was taken, doesn’t know what kind of car it was, says there was shots fired,” an officer said. “Unknown if this is going to be bonafide or not.”

Minutes later, the officer followed up: “She’s saying it had something to do with a state senator, Kimberly Lightford.”

The officer then told the dispatcher, “It was a black Mercedes with a state senator’s registration plate.”

Lightford issued a statement Wednesday:

“First and foremost I am thankful that my husband and I are alive and physically unharmed. I am trying to process the trauma of what happened. I want to thank everyone who has offered their love and support. I want to especially thank Mayor Katrina Thompson and the Broadview Police Department for their quick and thorough response.”

RELATED

Cook County carjackings on pace to be the worst in 2 decades: Camry is No. 1, most victims are men, Sunday’s the worst day
    Senate Majority Leader Lightford tests positive for COVID-19 — planning to work from home despite ‘aching an awful lot’
    In an interview, Mills said he thinks Lightford, McKennie and a friend were “coming back from getting their hair done.”

He said Lightford and her husband were dropping off the friend when the carjackers boxed the Mercedes in. Then they forced Lightford and her husband out of the car at gunpoint, he said.

“I think they did take some items belonging to the senator,” Mills said.

Asked if Lightford or her husband had a gun or if they fired any shots, Mills said, “I’m not going to answer. It’s an ongoing investigation.”

He said his officers were in the process of looking at doorbell-camera video on homes near the carjacking scene.

Lightford, whose office is in Westchester, has been in the Senate since 1998. In April, she was in the news after she announced she tested positive for COVID-19.

Chicago and the Cook County suburbs, especially western suburbs like Maywood and Oak Park, have seen a huge spike in carjackings in the past few years, according to police officials. Mills said the problem is “very minimal” in Broadview.

Carjackers gravitate to expensive SUVs like Lightford’s car, according to the police and interviews the Chicago Sun-Times has had with carjackers.
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...estern-suburbs
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Power + Liberal + Wealthy + White + Female + Blonde = Harder Policing, as dictated by Lawless.

Four men and a woman were arrested in connection with the carjacking of Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon in Philadelphia on Wednesday. The suspects were taken into custody and awaiting charges after Scanlon*s SUV was found near a Delaware mall Wednesday night, according to Fox 29.
    https://nypost.com/2021/12/22/rep-ma...ects-arrested/

See also
    https://dsp.delaware.gov/2021/12/22/...located-newark

Then again, this collection of mouth-breathing criminal geniuses probably didn't realize how quickly the Feds would be tracking one of their own phones.
    Last edited by Story; December 23rd, 2021 at 10:30 AM.

(Wayne County)

Not wishing this on anyone, but I*d like to see one of these liberals pay the ultimate price by one of Krasners catch and release friends. Something like the cop who was shot by one of Kranser catch and release friends recently.

(Berks County)

Kenney says.

*Everyone deserves to feel safe in our city, and sadly that hasn*t always been the case this year,* Kenney added. *It*s disheartening and infuriating that criminals feel emboldened to commit such a reckless crime in the middle of the day in what should be a place of peace * one of our city*s parks perks.*
    Fixed it for him.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Not wishing this on anyone, but I*d like to see one of these liberals pay the ultimate price by one of Krasners catch and release friends. Something like the cop who was shot by one of Kranser catch and release friends recently.
    I wish it on every one of those pieces of shit who creates the environment that permits this to happen. I look forward to hearing more about those fine citizens who just needed someone else's property for a little while.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast