Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE ON PG. 4*

You tried. At this point, just shoot and enjoy. Too much hassle for any other route.

Next time buy an Anderson and you won't be disappointed. Only half kidding .

(Berks County)

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE ON PG. 4*

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    You tried. At this point, just shoot and enjoy. Too much hassle for any other route.

Next time buy an Anderson and you won't be disappointed. Only half kidding .

Good point. For LaRue supposedly being such top tier, that kind of manufacturing is pathetic.

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE

Quote Originally Posted by DP570 View Post
    Larue customer service gave me a call after I had sent them an email with detailed pictures. They said the engraving isn*t something that they QC. They said they received my email and went through 25 large frame lowers and they all had the same markings. They offered to swap it for a lower with less of those markings. I guess it is what it is.

I asked about shipping times on their 762 ultimate upper kits - 6 to 8 months. I*m more than likely going to scrap the idea of building a .308, and try to recoup some of the money I spent on this lower by listing it for sale. Sucks, but nothing I can do. I was really looking forward to this rifle.
    I checked out more Larue lowers online looking for similar marks. (I.e this one. You can enlarge picture 11 of 14 and really see the lettering. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887693606 ). The ones I saw were all flawless. That includes the ones on Larue*s website. I doubt that they would use any of the 25 large frames in their advertising. I am reading reviews on their website and I see things like *fit and finish are 2nd to none*. Maybe they don*t look at stuff like the pitting on yours for QC but perhaps they should.

Lower cost I would ignore it and chalk it up to the cost of saving money. For a supposedly higher quality lower I would be disappointed. As others said, if their lower get marked up they should be the one to do it. I think. Lot of lower quality lowers with those types of marks would have been sold at a discount as blemished. I*ve bought blemished stuff that you can*t even see anything wrong. I would leave a review on their website or a review site with pictures and move on.

I would also continue with your original build and enjoy it. Most likely you will eventually forget about it.
    Last edited by internet troll; March 4th, 2021 at 10:34 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver)

Well, to me the the ENTIRE GIANT LOGO is an ugly imperfection! Other than that, it sounds like the guys crying because the blade tip in their SUPER EXPENSIVE Zero Tolerance folder isn’t PERFECTLY in the center!

This is why I manufacture my own ARs with NO names or logos on parts!
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE

Quote Originally Posted by DP570 View Post
    Larue customer service gave me a call after I had sent them an email with detailed pictures. They said the engraving isn’t something that they QC. They said they received my email and went through 25 large frame lowers and they all had the same markings. They offered to swap it for a lower with less of those markings. I guess it is what it is.

I asked about shipping times on their 762 ultimate upper kits - 6 to 8 months. I’m more than likely going to scrap the idea of building a .308, and try to recoup some of the money I spent on this lower by listing it for sale. Sucks, but nothing I can do. I was really looking forward to this rifle.
    I'm no marketing genius, but even I know that a shitty corporate logo is a horribly bad idea.

It's why smart corporate headquarters put the hot chicks at the front desk, with oak panels and thick carpets and classy music softly playing; if the EEOC lets them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Blair County)

I have a LWRC, Ruger, Spike (Betsy Ross), and a Anderson. The Ruger by far is the nicest finish, LWRC and Spikes are a tie I guess and the Anderson is just OK, But they all work good.

Yes that would bother me.... slightly.

What would bother me more is LaRue not wanting to replace it with one to your pretty reasonable desires.

I would like to think LaRue could afford this option. Both in good will , and money wise. The other lower could be sold as a blem.

However, given my wants for a Large Frame AR I could let it go. Provided the rest of the lower, etc. is in spec.

All that said, it is your money

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345