Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Exactly.

The brand new Range Rover I bought arrived with minor dents and scratches in all the doors. It's not something to complain about since my intended use is to go off roading and it still works just fine for that purpose.

Yeah, my new $3,000 stainless steel refrigerator has scratches on both doors, but it still keeps food cold, and that's really why I bought it. I don't care about the finish, because my old dishwasher has a scratch too.

Pretty dumb argument, right.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Westmoreland County)

Yes. I'm a stickler for quality. I don't care if it's a $4.00 bag of apples, there shouldn't be any bruises. I'm also a perfectionist, so I try to keep my things in as pristine condition as I can, even if they are being used and abused.

(Allegheny County)

Unacceptable level of quality for the price point. I am notoriously particular and a stickler for details. I will be curious to see how Larue handles this
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Blair County)

Maybe send them the pics and ask if its suppose to be that way. Its odd they dont seem to be in the design part or on the serial numbers. Just on their name, maybe its just some misguided attempt at making their font look a certain way. If its not then I would want it replaced Im sure that wasnt cheap.

(Centre County)

I didn't look at the pictures until I read all the posts. Just looked at the pictures. Those marks are on every letter in the picture. Something is wrong with their engrqaving set up, they should be nice clean letters. Notice the outline of Texas, no defects that I could see but it is wider than the other parts. Also didn't see any defects on the small lettering/numbers of what I could see.

Contact them, send pictures and see what they say. For what you probably paid for that receiver, it shouldn't look like that.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

If you are a perfectionist and buy a Range Rover for offroading, I think that's pretty dumb. Really your analogy would be more applicable if you claimed the pinstripes didn't line up. Scratches and dents lead to rust; I don't think font imperfections will weaken the lower received.

Also, I think $3000 stainless refrigerators are dumb, too. At least safe money and buy Clean Steel. Then your magnets will stick to it and it won't smudge when you touch it. Plus, who can eat $35 pints of ice cream out of a white refrigerator? That's so pedestrian.

I can't even say "It's a free country anymore" but "It's your money (and time)" so "choose the hill you want to die on".

I like roller-locked clones. A lot of mine are custom. They aren't cheap. The welds aren't perfect; they run reliably, and that's what matters to me...

As a disclaimer, I am a dumb, unrefined white trash former Skook transplant that is more interested in rifles that shoot, trucks that run reliably, and boots that fit well, than material possessions that demonstrate my wealth and status, because I have no wealth or status.

Hey, you do you.
    Last edited by chauncey; February 25th, 2021 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Input from unrefined hick.

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE

Larue customer service gave me a call after I had sent them an email with detailed pictures. They said the engraving isn’t something that they QC. They said they received my email and went through 25 large frame lowers and they all had the same markings. They offered to swap it for a lower with less of those markings. I guess it is what it is.

I asked about shipping times on their 762 ultimate upper kits - 6 to 8 months. I’m more than likely going to scrap the idea of building a .308, and try to recoup some of the money I spent on this lower by listing it for sale. Sucks, but nothing I can do. I was really looking forward to this rifle.

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE

Quote Originally Posted by DP570 View Post
    Larue customer service gave me a call after I had sent them an email with detailed pictures. They said the engraving isn*t something that they QC. They said they received my email and went through 25 large frame lowers and they all had the same markings. They offered to swap it for a lower with less of those markings. I guess it is what it is.

I asked about shipping times on their 762 ultimate upper kits - 6 to 8 months. I*m more than likely going to scrap the idea of building a .308, and try to recoup some of the money I spent on this lower by listing it for sale. Sucks, but nothing I can do. I was really looking forward to this rifle.
    I would start off asking for what you have in it. The list price currently isn't that much more than an Aero at today's inflated prices.

If not for the current political climate and personal financial distractions, I would consider buying it off you.

List it in the forum, if its in a backorder status at Larue I bet it moves, here.

(Cumberland County)

DP,

I was one that was in the camp of "too much $$$ for any imperfection." You gave it your best shot. I say stay with your plan. You just might end up with the best shootin firearm you own.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

(It really was not that bad. I just like to be the one to put my own dings and scratches on things I pay a lot for.)
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Would this bother you guys? (Larue lower receiver) *UPDATE FROM LARUE ON PG. 4*

Quote Originally Posted by DP570 View Post
    I recently purchased a lower from Larue Tactical. I noticed *noise dots* for lack of a better term around the laser engraved logo. Would you guys consider this a blemish? I know most people don*t notice things such as this, but unfortunately, I do.
    Does it go "bang!" when you pull the trigger? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast