Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Polymer 80 glock end plate installation

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Hmm. Is your channel liner installed all the way in? Make sure the extractor spring is installed in the correct direction - make sure the metal end of the extractor spring is pushing on the extractor, not the reverse.

Also check your firing pin safety plunger isn't binding. I don't think this would impact what you're trying to do here but it's definitely something to watch out for that the spring isn't all hung up in the hole.
    I think the firing pin safety plunger was the problem. Before when I had the extractor spring/rod, firing pin assembly installed with the end plate over both, the firing pin safety plunger wasnt moving at all it was binding/stuck. End plate wouldnt go in.

I re adjusted the extractor, where the firing pin safety plunger can move up and down when pressing. Then the end plate slid right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    I think the firing pin safety plunger was the problem. Before when I had the extractor spring/rod, firing pin assembly installed with the end plate over both, the firing pin safety plunger wasnt moving at all it was binding/stuck. End plate wouldnt go in.

I re adjusted the extractor, where the firing pin safety plunger can move up and down when pressing. Then the end plate slid right in.
    Something i ran into with my build, the plastic plunger on the extractor rod was a bit long. My issue was more with FTE/stovepiping once I went to the range. Swapped with an OEM glock part And all was good. Also swapped to a wolf firing pin plunger spring at the same time.

I do recommend polishing your plunger and the plunger hole in the slide as well, if it’s an aftermarket slide.

There’s a video on YouTube somewhere I found that explains how to trim down your extractor plunger if you run into this issue.

Tolerances on these things is weird. Tolerance stacking is absolutely a real thing.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Something i ran into with my build, the plastic plunger on the extractor rod was a bit long. My issue was more with FTE/stovepiping once I went to the range. Swapped with an OEM glock part And all was good. Also swapped to a wolf firing pin plunger spring at the same time.

I do recommend polishing your plunger and the plunger hole in the slide as well, if it’s an aftermarket slide.

There’s a video on YouTube somewhere I found that explains how to trim down your extractor plunger if you run into this issue.

Tolerances on these things is weird. Tolerance stacking is absolutely a real thing.
    When you swap to the OEM Glock part does it matter what gen you use? Does it have to be gen 3? Most of the OEM Glock parts I see online are gen 5.

I ordered all gen 3 stuff by glock part number on eBay. Only thing I didn’t use that was gen 3 is the extractor and trigger housing. I opted to go with the gen 4 style because I was getting brass to the face. Part number SP30275. Was something like $14 from kmtactical

(Wayne County)

I just ordered an OEM glock gen 3 recoil spring assembly for $10. The end cap on the recoil spring guide rod just came off and spring went flying when I was fitting slide to frame. The OEM one should work fine right?

(Wayne County)

Never mind, JSD Supply said they'll send me a new guide rod, very good service so far from JSD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12