Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    572

    Default Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    Hey has anyone here applied through the web link provided by the sheriffs office? I am curious of what the current wait time would be. I applied on 2/9 as a new applicant as my old license expired around 3 years ago and I did not know the number to proceed as a renewal. Any insight would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    1804809

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    What's the link and process? Is it supposed to be a fully online process?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    572

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    I was under the impression when I applied you had to do it all online. Once approved you can then schedule a time to go pick it up at the courthouse. Turns out you can also drop off the application in person which I wish I had done now. My application has said *assigning to processor shortly* since 2/9 which makes me think they can use that outside of the 45 days they are supposed to respond by. Being it hasn*t been *assigned* does that mean they even accepted it yet? Anyway the link is below if interested in doing it all online.

    https://montgomerypa.permitium.com/ccw/start
    Last edited by JLeahy; February 27th, 2021 at 12:17 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ..............., Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    5,347
    Rep Power
    13858413

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    Quote Originally Posted by JLeahy View Post
    I was under the impression when I applied you had to do it all online. Once approved you can then schedule a time to go pick it up at the courthouse. Turns out you can also drop off the application in person which I wish I had done now. My application has said *assigning to processor shortly* since 2/9 which makes me think they can use that outside of the 45 days they are supposed to respond by. Being it hasn*t been *assigned* does that mean they even accepted it yet? Anyway the link is below if interested in doing it all online.

    https://montgomerypa.permitium.com/ccw/start
    Technically the 45 day clock starts upon RECEIPT of the application and it not affected by when they dedicate resources to process it.

    18 Pa CSA 6109(g) Grant or denial of license.--Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue a license on the basis of the investigation under subsection (d) and the accuracy of the information contained in the application.by when they assign resources to process it.
    IANAL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Penn area, Pennsylvania
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,359
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    Just filed my renewal , current expires 01Apr21.

    Fees ($25.00) collected by Permitium LLC , Pineville, NC.

    Clock is running!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    15688075

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    Likely going to be well in excess of 45 days...
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,671
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    Definitely 45+ days!

    The boy lives in MontCo and it took him forever to get an appointment for his renewal. Applied online and never got a reply. So, he started calling the Sheriff*s office every day leaving messages, which were not returned. Finally, someone answered his call and got his appointment scheduled. So he*s good now.

    They don*t seem to give a fuck.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Penn area, Pennsylvania
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,359
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    I actually got 2 replies. Receipt of payment and acknowledgement my app was received. This will be my 8th time playing this game. I've had a LTCF for over 35yrs , longer than some of the deputy sheriffs checking me out have been alive.

    We have received your application! Your application for a License to Carry Permit has been received. We will begin working this application as quickly as possible. We process applications in the order received.

    You will be notified via email as to our progress. You may check our progress by using our Online Order Tracker (https://montgomerypa.permitium.com/order_tracker). To access the Order Tracker, you will need your order number (********), email address used during the application process , and the password you created during the application process.

    During the process of performing all applicable background checks, we may need to contact you to request additional information. We will do so via email, all notifications will also display on the Order Tracker.

    Once notified that your application had been approved, you will receive a notification by email, phone, and text message (if you chose to receive text messages on the application) with instructions for receiving your permit.

    If you have paid by credit/debit card, your $25.00 processing and convenience fees have been applied as payment for your permit.





    Sincerely,

    Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
    2 E Airy St
    Norristown, PA. 19404

    Phone: 610-278-3342
    Last edited by abner13; February 28th, 2021 at 07:14 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    572

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    I appreciate everyone*s feedback and I still have my fingers crossed it*s not in excess of the 45 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Definitely 45+ days!

    The boy lives in MontCo and it took him forever to get an appointment for his renewal. Applied online and never got a reply. So, he started calling the Sheriff*s office every day leaving messages, which were not returned. Finally, someone answered his call and got his appointment scheduled. So he*s good now.

    They don*t seem to give a fuck.
    Did your son wait the 45 days before he started calling them? I*ve already left a voicemail and sent an email just to confirm but haven*t heard back. My fear is if I bother them too much it may actually slow them down. What a crazy process this is now versus even 7 years ago.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,671
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

    Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I actually got 2 replies. Receipt of payment and acknowledgement my app was received.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLeahy View Post
    Did your son wait the 45 days before he started calling them? I*ve already left a voicemail and sent an email just to confirm but haven*t heard back. My fear is if I bother them too much it may actually slow them down. What a crazy process this is now versus even 7 years ago.
    Contrary to abner, the boy never got any acknowledgement that his renewal application was received... then he started calling at or after 45 days. They did not return his phone messages, but someone finally answered the phone and scheduled his appointment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Current wait time for Philadelphia LTCF
    By sc522 in forum Philadelphia
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: March 27th, 2017, 06:56 PM
  2. wait time for ltcf in northampton county
    By akapjr in forum Northampton
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 27th, 2017, 02:39 PM
  3. Allegheny County ltcf wait time
    By springer03 in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 19th, 2013, 11:20 PM
  4. BATFE Form 5320.20 current wait time
    By FTNWO in forum NFA/Class 3/Title II
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM
  5. Current wait time from CMP
    By Warpt762x39 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2010, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •