Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

Hey has anyone here applied through the web link provided by the sheriffs office? I am curious of what the current wait time would be. I applied on 2/9 as a new applicant as my old license expired around 3 years ago and I did not know the number to proceed as a renewal. Any insight would be appreciated.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Current Montgomery County LTCF wait time

What's the link and process? Is it supposed to be a fully online process?

(Montgomery County)

I was under the impression when I applied you had to do it all online. Once approved you can then schedule a time to go pick it up at the courthouse. Turns out you can also drop off the application in person which I wish I had done now. My application has said *assigning to processor shortly* since 2/9 which makes me think they can use that outside of the 45 days they are supposed to respond by. Being it hasn*t been *assigned* does that mean they even accepted it yet? Anyway the link is below if interested in doing it all online.

https://montgomerypa.permitium.com/ccw/start
    Last edited by JLeahy; February 27th, 2021 at 12:17 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLeahy View Post
    I was under the impression when I applied you had to do it all online. Once approved you can then schedule a time to go pick it up at the courthouse. Turns out you can also drop off the application in person which I wish I had done now. My application has said *assigning to processor shortly* since 2/9 which makes me think they can use that outside of the 45 days they are supposed to respond by. Being it hasn*t been *assigned* does that mean they even accepted it yet? Anyway the link is below if interested in doing it all online.

https://montgomerypa.permitium.com/ccw/start
    Technically the 45 day clock starts upon RECEIPT of the application and it not affected by when they dedicate resources to process it.

18 Pa CSA §6109(g) Grant or denial of license.--Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue a license on the basis of the investigation under subsection (d) and the accuracy of the information contained in the application.by when they assign resources to process it.
    IANAL

Just filed my renewal , current expires 01Apr21.

Fees ($25.00) collected by Permitium LLC , Pineville, NC.

Clock is running!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Likely going to be well in excess of 45 days...
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Chester County)

Definitely 45+ days!

The boy lives in MontCo and it took him forever to get an appointment for his renewal. Applied online and never got a reply. So, he started calling the Sheriff*s office every day leaving messages, which were not returned. Finally, someone answered his call and got his appointment scheduled. So he*s good now.

They don*t seem to give a fuck.

I actually got 2 replies. Receipt of payment and acknowledgement my app was received. This will be my 8th time playing this game. I've had a LTCF for over 35yrs , longer than some of the deputy sheriffs checking me out have been alive.

We have received your application! Your application for a License to Carry Permit has been received. We will begin working this application as quickly as possible. We process applications in the order received.

You will be notified via email as to our progress. You may check our progress by using our Online Order Tracker (https://montgomerypa.permitium.com/order_tracker). To access the Order Tracker, you will need your order number (********), email address used during the application process , and the password you created during the application process.

During the process of performing all applicable background checks, we may need to contact you to request additional information. We will do so via email, all notifications will also display on the Order Tracker.

Once notified that your application had been approved, you will receive a notification by email, phone, and text message (if you chose to receive text messages on the application) with instructions for receiving your permit.

If you have paid by credit/debit card, your $25.00 processing and convenience fees have been applied as payment for your permit.

Sincerely,

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
    2 E Airy St
    Norristown, PA. 19404

Phone: 610-278-3342
    Last edited by abner13; February 28th, 2021 at 07:14 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

I appreciate everyone*s feedback and I still have my fingers crossed it*s not in excess of the 45 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Definitely 45+ days!

The boy lives in MontCo and it took him forever to get an appointment for his renewal. Applied online and never got a reply. So, he started calling the Sheriff*s office every day leaving messages, which were not returned. Finally, someone answered his call and got his appointment scheduled. So he*s good now.

They don*t seem to give a fuck.
    Did your son wait the 45 days before he started calling them? I*ve already left a voicemail and sent an email just to confirm but haven*t heard back. My fear is if I bother them too much it may actually slow them down. What a crazy process this is now versus even 7 years ago.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I actually got 2 replies. Receipt of payment and acknowledgement my app was received.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLeahy View Post
    Did your son wait the 45 days before he started calling them? I*ve already left a voicemail and sent an email just to confirm but haven*t heard back. My fear is if I bother them too much it may actually slow them down. What a crazy process this is now versus even 7 years ago.
    Contrary to abner, the boy never got any acknowledgement that his renewal application was received... then he started calling at or after 45 days. They did not return his phone messages, but someone finally answered the phone and scheduled his appointment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast