Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Empty ranges

(Lancaster County)

Default Empty ranges

Just touching on an annoying topic of the great ammo shortage. Don't you just find it interesting how empty the ranges are even in normal times and now with the great hoard going on nobody wants to shoot what they
    do have. My guess is they never will shoot what is hoarded, bring back the russian and mexican ammo please and fill the void.
    It should be of major concern the health of our shooting sports, can't have them without ammo for competitor's to shoot. Those of us who reload specific for our sport can't find primers and the powder has dried up as well.
    And don't get me started on the price gouging it's ridiculous it's laughable that some shooter would pay $30 plus for a box of 9mm pistol ammo. I've heard there are ships sitting in port loaded with ammo but due to covid can't be unloaded, not sure if that one is true or not.

Default Re: Empty ranges

Quote Originally Posted by crjeff View Post
    Just touching on an annoying topic of the great ammo shortage. Don't you just find it interesting how empty the ranges are even in normal times and now with the great hoard going on nobody wants to shoot what they
    do have. My guess is they never will shoot what is hoarded, bring back the russian and mexican ammo please and fill the void.
    It should be of major concern the health of our shooting sports, can't have them without ammo for competitor's to shoot. Those of us who reload specific for our sport can't find primers and the powder has dried up as well.
    And don't get me started on the price gouging it's ridiculous it's laughable that some shooter would pay $30 plus for a box of 9mm pistol ammo. I've heard there are ships sitting in port loaded with ammo but due to covid can't be unloaded, not sure if that one is true or not.
    My range (sccfsa) has been busy every weekend that I have headed out over the last 6 months or so. I*m actually kind of surprised because I thought there would be a downturn, but not on the weekends I*ve headed out.

(Chester County)

I dropped membership at sccsfa a couple years back because of how crowded it has gotten. Glad I made the right decision if it's still crowded.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    I dropped membership at sccsfa a couple years back because of how crowded it has gotten. Glad I made the right decision if it's still crowded.
    My experience has always been Nice crowd on weekends. great (mostly empty) during the week. But never so crowded I could not shoot.

Luckily I can shoot as much as I want during the week in the summer.

(Wayne County)

3 words...private backyard range.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

I would be shooting today if it wasn't for 2 ft of snow and a 5 foot pile of snow in front of the road down to the range.
    Winter trap league this year has 1/3 more shooters than ever before.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Ammo sitting in port? From where??????

(Montgomery County)

Regardless of how much ammo you have stockpiled the market price has gone way up so every range trip is now 2-3x the cost, even if you bought it at previous prices... That's going to deter people from going as often.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, the place I go to usually is either empty when I get there and leave, or someone shows up to put a few rounds downrange to sight in a hunting rifle or carry piece. I usually bring a single shot .22 LR to kill time and make the trip last longer but even then most of what I'm bringing is because I loaded up ammo for them. A co-worker who sometimes goes out to one of the state game land ranges says its filled with more idiots than usual, along with some pretty aggressive brass goblins.

(Luzerne County)

My wife and I shoot at a local indoor range every Saturday. Yes, I have ammo. But, it seems so do a lot of other people. The place gets packed sometimes. The shooters come in waves, meaning you might show up during a lull with only a few shooters there, but wait 20 minutes and the lanes get full.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast