Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Act 77

(Berks County)

Default Act 77

I think that most of us know about Act 77 but for those who don't I'll explain it a little. I might be missing some of the details so any additions and/or corrections are welcome.

Act 77 permits the unquestioned, universal mailing in of ballots for our elections and is a direct violation of our State Constitution. It was supported by both parties due to the scamdemic but after the primaries the Republicans saw shortcomings in the bill and legislation to correct it was crafted and passed down party lines, which wolf vetoed. I do not know if they knew at the time that it was a violation of our constitution or not but they all do now but nothing is being done to correct it. To compound the issues, SCOPA ruled that ballots can be counted for days after the election and someone has allowed them to be counted without signature verification.

First off, the changing of the Constitution in the way it was changed is neither legal nor acceptable and secondly, the SCOPA had no business changing what was illegally legislated to begin with.

Now, what to do about this transgression? I called Rep Dave Maloney, who is staunchly in our corner on all issues that I am aware of and his office tells me that they feel as though SCOPA should have been impeached for their actions and I have them looking into it for me so I can be better informed.

We can't just sit still and tolerate this kind of behavior.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Default Re: Act 77

C'mon man, we're getting butt-raped here and none of yinz even cares?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    C'mon man, we're getting butt-raped here and none of yinz even cares?
    Shh don*t tell anyone they*ll call you names. It amazes me that when they sneak gun bills into legislation and it*s not done properly it gets shit canned real quick.

(Susquehanna County)

Act 77 was passed in OCTOBER 2019 and has NOTHING to do with the pandemic! The PA Republican Party failed to recognize the importance of SCOPA and failed to offer serious candidates or serious opposition to the Dems running. Additionally if you take time to read the Act you find in the last few paragraphs a section that specifically names SCOPA to settle disagreements instead of bringing it back to the Gen'l Assy! So the shits in the legislature gave the Dem run SCOPA the authority to cheat.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Act 77 was passed in OCTOBER 2019 and has NOTHING to do with the pandemic! The PA Republican Party failed to recognize the importance of SCOPA and failed to offer serious candidates or serious opposition to the Dems running. Additionally if you take time to read the Act you find in the last few paragraphs a section that specifically names SCOPA to settle disagreements instead of bringing it back to the Gen'l Assy! So the shits in the legislature gave the Dem run SCOPA the authority to cheat.
    OK, I found and read through that last section that you referred to. None of that negates the unconstitutionality of Act 77 though. Regardless of the issue, the transgression itself is not acceptable, is there nothing that can be done?

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    OK, I found and read through that last section that you referred to. None of that negates the unconstitutionality of Act 77 though. Regardless of the issue, the transgression itself is not acceptable, is there nothing that can be done?
    INAL! But we do have at least one good one here somewhere! As best as I can determine we as individuals or perhaps as a group of concerned citizens (but NOT as PAFOA) would have to file law suits in PA's crooked courts and try to fight it through the system OR force the Gen'l Assy to amend the law and override any possible vetoes and just accept mail-in voting but with the legislature in charge. Of course if and when the legislature gets taken over by democraps we're screwed anyhow. BTW SCOPA had no authority to impose the redistricting a few years ago also.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Westmoreland County)

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=370255

Everyone in PA should stay on top of these weekly hearings. I'm sure there will be a summary report once the last hearing has concluded and ultimately (and hopefully), legislation amending ACT 77 will be enacted. It's unfolding before our very eyes. I don't know if the previous hearings have been archived but I would think they would be for those who want to catch up. The hearings are always usually on Thursday afternoons around 1:30pm.

Tentative schedule of hearings and topics:
    Jan 21: Department of State*s election guidance
    Jan 28: SURE System (election management system & other election information technology)
    Feb 04: Review of Election Audits, Office of Auditor General, 2% Audits & Risk-Limiting Audits
    Feb 11: Voter registration
    Feb 18: Certification of voting machines
    Feb 25: Operation of voting machines with demonstrations
    Mar 04: Mail-in and absentee ballots
    Mar 11: Contracted vendors
    Mar 18: County election day operations
    Mar 25: Election integrity policies
    Apr 01: Overview of how other states conduct elections
    Apr 08: Stakeholders
    Apr 15: Proposed election legislation and member testimony
    Apr 22: Any further election matters