Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Looking for members of Delaware County Field and Stream

I am looking for members of this forum who are members of Delaware County Field and Stream who would be willing to bring me along as a guest so that I would eventually be able to join the club myself. In order to join the club, you need to have three current members (including one officer) vouch & sign for you on your application according to the instructions.

I have my own (small) collection of appropriate firearms (some rifles and shotguns) that I can bring along.

-Eitan

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Looking for members of Delaware County Field and Stream

I'm a member, but you just need to go to the clubhouse, and tell the person behind the "window" you want to join. He will give you a form to fill out, then find 2 members plus a club officer to sign for you. A weekend, especially a Sunday, is best to do this. They will inform you when the next group of proposed members will go through the 2-3 hour safety/orientation session. This is a great time to do this because by the time you become a member, the weather will be decent. Do not bother to bring a firearm with you. Being a guest has nothing to do with joining. Just be aware that safety is #1 priority with this club.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Media View Post
    I'm a member, but you just need to go to the clubhouse, and tell the person behind the "window" you want to join. He will give you a form to fill out, then find 2 members plus a club officer to sign for you. A weekend, especially a Sunday, is best to do this. They will inform you when the next group of proposed members will go through the 2-3 hour safety/orientation session. This is a great time to do this because by the time you become a member, the weather will be decent. Do not bother to bring a firearm with you. Being a guest has nothing to do with joining. Just be aware that safety is #1 priority with this club.
    This ^^^

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Media View Post
    Thank you. So basically I just go to the clubhouse during the hours specified on the website and ask for an application to join the club?

The only difficult part is finding the three required signatures since I don't know any members in real life...

And I love a gun range/club that cares about safety so much. Most public gun ranges that allow rentals have too many idiots. I ALWAYS follow ALL safety instructions and triple-check everything.

Are there any "strange" rules that this club has that I should know about? Like rules outside the normal ones like "Don't fire more than X shots per second".

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRaptor2002 View Post
    Thank you. So basically I just go to the clubhouse during the hours specified on the website and ask for an application to join the club?

The only difficult part is finding the three required signatures since I don't know any members in real life...

And I love a gun range/club that cares about safety so much. Most public gun ranges that allow rentals have too many idiots. I ALWAYS follow ALL safety instructions and triple-check everything.

Are there any "strange" rules that this club has that I should know about? Like rules outside the normal ones like "Don't fire more than X shots per second".
    I*m not a member but have read other threads that have some of the info you are looking for. Here is one. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=279110

(Lancaster County)

Holy crap...

There are 5 round mag limits for rifles and handguns including revolvers. No practice drawing handguns from holsters. no carrying pistols in holsters on the premises even with a LTCF. no rapid fire/ double taps. no 3 gun matches. Modern sporting rifles are excluded from a lot of rifle competitions.
    no human silhouette targets permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Holy crap...
    As far as the 5 round limit, it would bother me if I was a member but I can see why they have the rule. It*s in a fairly populated area where sound travels pretty far. I have a buddy who has a house near 352 and and Dutton Mill Road on Harrison Rd. Its probably a 1/2 mile or so from the club. Sitting out on his deck I have heard shooting many times. It does not bother me but I can see how some people might not like listening to gun fire all day. I can understand why the club would go the route they did to try and appease the neighbors.

I hope that the area where my club is stays open lands so that we don*t have to feel the type of pressure I imagine field and stream has in that capacity.

All I had to do is submit my membership and I was in. I didn't because they didn't allow .50bmg
    This was 15 years ago, had all the sponsors and everything.