Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
As I understand it, the 4th amendment is intended to serve as a form of accountability for lawmakers. If the evidence is so easily hidden that waiting to get a warrant would result in its disappearance, there probably wasn't much of an ill effect from the crime. Of course there are exceptions to that pattern, but in the aggregate, the 4th Amendment (when followed) is a very effective guarantee against government regulation of victimless crimes.

I will grant that requiring a warrant will occasionally lead to guilty men going free. But, like the founders said, I'd rather two guilty men go free than one innocent one be convicted. Let's say Jeffrey Dahmer is in his living room full of acid barrels, eating some dude's leg. The police knock, announce themselves, and before answering the door, Dahmer hides the leg. When they get in, they're still gonna find the barrels. Crimes of the magnitude committed by Dahmer will be discovered by good investigators, regardless of whether they announce themselves.

I'm really tired of hearing these headlines about relatively ho-hum situations being escalated to absurdity. Like that thread that resurfaced last week about a guy getting run over by a bulldozer while running from the police. JFC, who fucking cares *that much* about someone growing pot plants? Let the guy run. Same with most (if not all) of these people like Breonna Taylor, or the subject of this thread- JFC, calm the F down. They can't outrun the radio. As we discuss ad nauseum in regard to noncompliance with mag limits, etc.- they'll get you one way or another, so there's really no reason to waste bullets and risk people's lives over something they'll get caught for eventually. Sooner or later they'll get stopped for a busted brake light, or run a stop sign, or show up to register their car, or.... or... or... the list goes on.

And I'm tired of riots over he said, she said. The only thing I can find in common between the Left's version and our version, is that both the cop AND George Floyd were more than likely pieces of shit. That tends to be the case with all of these "no knock" cases that end up in the 6 o'clock news. And there's no right answer to "whose shittiness caused the situation", which is why we have laws and courts in the first place. So let's calm the fuck down, have cops act as officers of the peace instead of "law enforcement officers", and let the courts handle it, as intended.

When no-knock warrants are served, all too often, the end result is neither party gets their day in court. And there's no sense arguing over legal principles if we've already decided they don't matter.
Must spread rep