Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default No SWAT raid on the wrong house, cops get lit up & charge her for their F up.

Diamonds Ford was arrested after she shot a police officer she thought was an intruder in her home.

Jacksonville police say SWAT detectives announced their presence, but Ford said she didn't hear them.

Now, supporters are calling for the charges to be dropped against Ford.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Related: How America's state police got military weapons

How America's state police got military weapons

To date, the US has spent over $15.4 billion on the militarization of police. How did local police acquire all of these military weapons? And why do they need them? To answer this question we're going to examine four moments in history.

When Jacksonville police broke the bedroom window of Diamonds Ford's home just before 8 a.m. on September 28, she awoke thinking it was an intruder.

Ford, 28, fired shots through the window - not realizing it was police serving a high-risk search warrant, News4Jax reported.

Police say SWAT detectives announced their presence at Ford's home, but she said she didn't hear them.

WJXT's Travis Gibson obtained the 911 dispatch call where Ford, who called after shooting out the window, is heard telling the dispatcher to "please hurry."

Ford is heard saying with surprise that it's the sheriff's office at her house before police fire shots.

"I'm opening the door!" Ford screams. "You've got the wrong house!"

Ford and her fiancé, Anthony Gantt, were arrested after the altercation. They were charged with attempted murder of a police officer and intent to distribute.

The bullets Ford fired hit the officer's bulletproof vest and he was released from the hospital the same day, News4Jax previously reported.

Activists and advocates are calling for the charges against Ford to be dropped

Now, supporters are calling for the charges to be dropped against Ford.

According to the AP, Stephen Kelly, Ford's lawyer, said the 911 call shows that Ford didn't realize it was police outside her home and she had fired in self-defense.

"Miss Ford, just hearing her voice, she was in fear," Kelly said during a news conference Monday outside the Duval County Courthouse. "She thought she was going to die that day."

The Hill reported that groups including Dignity Power, which helps formerly incarcerated women; the National Bail Fund Network; and the Minnesota Freedom Fund paid Ford's $535,006 bail. A GoFundMe page has also raised more than $5,000 for her.

Ford was released from jail Friday and told News4Jax that she's innocent.

"I feel blessed Dignity Power did their thing coming together in women empowerment to even get enough money to get me out. I am very appreciative," Ford told the news outlet.

A change.org petition has collected more than 10,000 signatures calling for the state to drop all charges against Ford.

"No-knock" warrants came under fire when Breonna Taylor was killed by police on March 13 during a narcotics bust in Louisville, Kentucky.

"You don't allow Black women to protect themselves. So we are here to ask you to protect Black women," Tray Johns, executive director of Dignity Power, told CBS News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-wom...170303526.html
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Default Re: No SWAT raid on the wrong house, cops get lit up & charge her for their F up.

I have no love for no-knock raids, but why if she's completely innocent was she charged with "intent to distribute?" Just because she says it's the wrong house, doesn't mean it is. Drug dealers are one step up from chomos and rapists in my book, and I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for them.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: No SWAT raid on the wrong house, cops get lit up & charge her for their F up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I have no love for no-knock raids, but why if she's completely innocent was she charged with "intent to distribute?" Just because she says it's the wrong house, doesn't mean it is. Drug dealers are one step up from chomos and rapists in my book, and I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for them.
    And the only *drugs* were marijuana
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I just googled her name. Yahoo being Yahoo of course, truncated/selectively-edited the charges.

"Ford and her 28-year-old fiancé, Anthony Gantt, are facing charges of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer and possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, according to court records."

https://www.cbs17.com/news/south/cal...d-on-her-home/

(Bucks County)

Where does it say they raided the wrong house?

If they knock off the no knock bullshit, they wouldn’t get shot at. Simple as that.

Come barreling thru the door in the middle of the night, expect to be ytreated like an intruder and dealt with accordingly. Just because you have a gold star on your chest doesn’t make you any different than any other person committing a B&E.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    For all the noise about prescription pain-killers, 3 guys I went to high school with OD'ed at various points in time afterwards. And I remember they all smoked a fair amount of pot back in high school. Now feel free to make fun of me all you want for calling it a "gateway drug," but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    If they knock off the no knock bullshit, they wouldn*t get shot at. Simple as that.

Come barreling thru the door in the middle of the night, expect to be ytreated like an intruder and dealt with accordingly. Just because you have a gold star on your chest doesn*t make you any different than any other person committing a B&E.
    I'm not sure telling the court she thought her rival dealer was trying to steal her stash is going to fly here. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I'm tired of reading this shit about no-knock raids. Either the cops are lying sacks of shit, or criminals are shittier than we thought. Probably both. And without being there, it's impossible to say which party's shittyness caused the situation.

Solution:

Criminals violent enough to be in jail once, can either stay there or accept medically-induced euthanasia. And if you choose to shack up with a thug, you can keep the prize you bargained for.

Police serving no-knock raids can't have bulletproof vests. If you really intend to do it peacefully, you'll have nothing to worry about! (That line isn't so funny now, is it?!)

And before anyone accuses me of wanting cops to die, what I'm proposing is that they can avoid the rule by simply announcing themselves before entering.

However, please feel free to accuse me of wanting career criminals to die- I do.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Do you feel the same about pharmacies & pharmacists? Or just drugs the government has decided are illegal?
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

I'm not a fan of no-knock raids. Especially not over weed, or any drugs.

If the cops think a kidnap victim is inside, OK, kick in the door. That's probably 0.005% of police raids.

People who distribute drugs can be targeted at the point where they are distributing drugs. That's the weak spot in being a drug dealer, that you have to meet buyers and take money and go into the world. Plenty of informants out there, use them.

The alternative, which nobody talks about, is a system whereby anyone who shouts the word "POLICE!" can force even the most innocent of us to put down our guns and open our doors and submit to handcuffs and being shoved in a van and driven away.

That's not acceptable. It just isn't. Put that shit up to a popular vote and you lose.

If cops come to my door, in uniform, and I look past them and see a marked cop car or 2, with flashing lights, then yes, I'll open the door and submit to arrest and we'll sort it out later. But if it looks like cartel sicarios with scruffy beards, or masked SWAT wanna-be's, and a hotwired panel van, then no, I'll be on the phone to the real cops, and the guys outside can wait.

That's not what public servants would demand, that they have the right to kick in our doors and we have to roll over to anyone who kicks in our doors. ANYBODY can shout the word "POLICE!", but it's harder to round up 2 matching police vehicles and make a big, obvious situation that any passing real cops would have to investigate.

The consequence of us all being required to submit to strangers at the door, is your wife being cuffed and stuffed and then in about an hour, you get one of her ears and a demand for $100K. Or your pretty daughter disappears into a van and joins a donkey act in Tijuana.

That's not what we all sign up for when we get taxed to hire police officers to protect us.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast