Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: No SWAT raid on the wrong house, cops get lit up & charge her for their F up.

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    As I understand it, the 4th amendment is intended to serve as a form of accountability for lawmakers. If the evidence is so easily hidden that waiting to get a warrant would result in its disappearance, there probably wasn't much of an ill effect from the crime. Of course there are exceptions to that pattern, but in the aggregate, the 4th Amendment (when followed) is a very effective guarantee against government regulation of victimless crimes.

I will grant that requiring a warrant will occasionally lead to guilty men going free. But, like the founders said, I'd rather two guilty men go free than one innocent one be convicted. Let's say Jeffrey Dahmer is in his living room full of acid barrels, eating some dude's leg. The police knock, announce themselves, and before answering the door, Dahmer hides the leg. When they get in, they're still gonna find the barrels. Crimes of the magnitude committed by Dahmer will be discovered by good investigators, regardless of whether they announce themselves.

I'm really tired of hearing these headlines about relatively ho-hum situations being escalated to absurdity. Like that thread that resurfaced last week about a guy getting run over by a bulldozer while running from the police. JFC, who fucking cares *that much* about someone growing pot plants? Let the guy run. Same with most (if not all) of these people like Breonna Taylor, or the subject of this thread- JFC, calm the F down. They can't outrun the radio. As we discuss ad nauseum in regard to noncompliance with mag limits, etc.- they'll get you one way or another, so there's really no reason to waste bullets and risk people's lives over something they'll get caught for eventually. Sooner or later they'll get stopped for a busted brake light, or run a stop sign, or show up to register their car, or.... or... or... the list goes on.

And I'm tired of riots over he said, she said. The only thing I can find in common between the Left's version and our version, is that both the cop AND George Floyd were more than likely pieces of shit. That tends to be the case with all of these "no knock" cases that end up in the 6 o'clock news. And there's no right answer to "whose shittiness caused the situation", which is why we have laws and courts in the first place. So let's calm the fuck down, have cops act as officers of the peace instead of "law enforcement officers", and let the courts handle it, as intended.

When no-knock warrants are served, all too often, the end result is neither party gets their day in court. And there's no sense arguing over legal principles if we've already decided they don't matter.
    Must spread rep

Default Re: No SWAT raid on the wrong house, cops get lit up & charge her for their F up.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Its still her property. They break out a window to get in...do you have a right to shoot?
    Depends on the state. NY no. I don't agree with that, it's just the law.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    If you are shooting people outside your house out the window you aren't in danger. That's what I gathered from the article. If they came in the house that's different.
    Doesn't apply to this situation....

But what if your house is surrounded by protesters who are throwing molotov cocktails at your house. Just because castle doctrine may not apply, you still have the right to self prservation....

If you are shooting people outside your house out the window you aren't in danger. That's what I gathered from the article. If they came in the house that's different.
    10,000 years of warfare says otherwise.

siege.jpg
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

If you can shoot out; they can (and have) shoot in.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    If you can shoot out; they can (and have) shoot in.
    I understand this but in some states you will go to jail. I think these are the cause of way too many wrongful deaths. How in the hell are you supposed to know it's actually a real cop? Just because they yell police? It would be a great tactic for a home invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Doesn't apply to this situation....

But what if your house is surrounded by protesters who are throwing molotov cocktails at your house. Just because castle doctrine may not apply, you still have the right to self prservation....
    I someone is yelling outside and throws a rock through your window can you shoot them? I'm guessing no. Maybe in Texas if it's at night.

(Montgomery County)

I someone is yelling outside and throws a rock through your window can you shoot them? I'm guessing no. Maybe in Texas if it's at night.
    I would agree. But, like I said, if it were a molotov cocktail, or a stick of dynamite..... I think I'd take my chances with the prosecuter.

(Chester County)

Upgrade those doors, make it stupid tough to get through
    Hoplophobia is funny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123