Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default PA Emergency Declarations to be voted on BY THE PEOPLE

Got this from Senator Jake Corman (Senate Pro Tempore):

Voters in the May 18 primary election will decide whether future emergency declarations should be limited to 21 days unless an extension is approved by the General Assembly. The question will appear on the ballot this spring after the Senate and the House of Representatives passed the proposed constitutional amendment in two consecutive legislative sessions.

The change would prevent the kind of situation we have seen during the COVID-19 emergency, in which the governor has used the emergency declaration to suspend laws, shut down businesses and spend money without the authorization of the General Assembly.

The bill would not impact a governor’s ability to respond quickly to emergencies, nor would it jeopardize federal emergency aid. It would only ensure that the governor and the General Assembly work together to respond to a crisis and ensure all Pennsylvanians are represented during an extended state of emergency.

The bill also provides for a constitutional amendment prohibiting the denial of equal rights based on race or ethnicity, bringing the Pennsylvania Constitution in line with the U.S. Constitution.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: PA Emergency Declarations to be voted on BY THE PEOPLE

I'd like the GA to order a full audit on then funds spent by the Governor related to all this SoE's since he took office.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Got this from Senator Jake Corman (Senate Pro Tempore):

Voters in the May 18 primary election will decide whether future emergency declarations should be limited to 21 days unless an extension is approved by the General Assembly. The question will appear on the ballot this spring after the Senate and the House of Representatives passed the proposed constitutional amendment in two consecutive legislative sessions.

The change would prevent the kind of situation we have seen during the COVID-19 emergency, in which the governor has used the emergency declaration to suspend laws, shut down businesses and spend money without the authorization of the General Assembly.

The bill would not impact a governor*s ability to respond quickly to emergencies, nor would it jeopardize federal emergency aid. It would only ensure that the governor and the General Assembly work together to respond to a crisis and ensure all Pennsylvanians are represented during an extended state of emergency.

The bill also provides for a constitutional amendment prohibiting the denial of equal rights based on race or ethnicity, bringing the Pennsylvania Constitution in line with the U.S. Constitution.
    Good, sad to say but this is needed. Don*t know how the vote will go though.

1. Primary elections have small turnouts
    2. People are often unaware of the questions and/or forget about the question.
    3. Often times questions are worded in ways that people don*t get the meaning of the question and answer it differently than they would if they understood the question
    4. Maybe people like the governor having that kind of power. I just don*t know anymore.

(Lancaster County)

I doubt it will get any mention in the left wing media. They cheered the lockdown and the misery it caused.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I'd like the GA to order a full audit on then funds spent by the Governor related to all this SoE's since he took office.
    He'll be out of office by then and what are they going to do, impeach him
    If her were a republican, now thats a different story.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    I doubt it will get any mention in the left wing media. They cheered the lockdown and the misery it caused.
    I would view that as a good thing, as it would not entice them to vote on it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

The Pennsylvania Constitution was put in the trash at last election with no repercussions, no prosecutions, no arrests !! So voting in this state means nothing , zero, if the scum liberals dont like it they wont follow it and nothing will happen, and most of the spinless republicans will do nothing!!!

(Bucks County)

If I'm registered 3rd party am I allowed to vote in PA primaries for ballot measures?
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    If I'm registered 3rd party am I allowed to vote in PA primaries for ballot measures?
    Yes.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Yes.
    Yep, you'll get a ballot with just the ballot question.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast