Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Gen5 Glock 34 MOS

Hi all, I'm just looking for some general feedback from owners of these. The Gen3 and Gen4 finger grooves never agreed with me, but this particular model has piqued my interest. Thanks!

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Gen5 Glock 34 MOS

I have a Gen4 and Gen5 G34. What kind of feedback are you looking for? I really like both.

(Allegheny County)

I think they are like a Glock but with a long barrel and red dot mount.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I think they are like a Glock but with a long barrel and red dot mount.
    Haha, thank you for that.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    I have a Gen4 and Gen5 G34. What kind of feedback are you looking for? I really like both.
    Thoughts on the Gen5 grip comfort?
    Weight distribution with the long slide?
    Relative accuracy in general and vs the G17?
    Best mods?
    Recommended optics?

Thanks!

(Cumberland County)

I like the Gen5 grip, but I liked I was fine with the Gen4 grip also.
    I don't think the weight distribution is any different vs. the G17. I would say if you're going to shoot iron sights get the G34, if you're going to shoot red dot get the G45.
    I don't think accuracy is any different vs the G17 but the sight radius can definitely make you more accurate on the G34.
    I have kept my G34s stock except the sights.
    For optics I like the Holosun 508T (I prefer the 2moa dot). For me the Holosuns appear more clear than Trijicon RMRs but YMMV. Also since you're asking about it going on a G34 some like the larger Trijicon SRO, I have not tried one of those. For a brief period I had a Holosun 507k on my G34 Gen5 just to try it out. The smaller window didn't bother me but I have the 507k on several other guns so maybe I'm just used to it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    I like the Gen5 grip, but I liked I was fine with the Gen4 grip also.
    I don't think the weight distribution is any different vs. the G17. I would say if you're going to shoot iron sights get the G34, if you're going to shoot red dot get the G45.
    I don't think accuracy is any different vs the G17 but the sight radius can definitely make you more accurate on the G34.
    I have kept my G34s stock except the sights.
    For optics I like the Holosun 508T (I prefer the 2moa dot). For me the Holosuns appear more clear than Trijicon RMRs but YMMV. Also since you're asking about it going on a G34 some like the larger Trijicon SRO, I have not tried one of those. For a brief period I had a Holosun 507k on my G34 Gen5 just to try it out. The smaller window didn't bother me but I have the 507k on several other guns so maybe I'm just used to it.
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

I have a gen 3 17 and a gen 4 34. The only differences I noticed are the longer sight radius takes getting used to and my draw changed slightly. It took me a while to get on target as fast when I switched to the 34. You also have to lift the gun higher to clear the holster. Other than that I really don't see that much difference. I can shoot as accurately with my 26 just not as fast. It was not a game changer for me. I'm sure if you are skilled enough you would see the benefit of the longer sight radius and possibly less muzzle flip. The pro's all used them for a reason. Now most of them shoot steel frame guns.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

If you're running with a red dot, you're losing one of the more significant advantages of the longer slide (longer sight radius). That said, you'll get a bit more velocity and a bit more forward weight, but to be honest, if I were running a dot, I'd rather have a G17 Gen5 or a G45 Gen5 for a slightly better balance.

That said, I think the Gen5 guns are head and shoulders above the Gen3 and Gen4.
    Your neighborhood friendly candyman, Tim