Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Senate Wet Dreams Continue

A repeat of prior years bills. Worthless then, worthless still

Regular Session 2021-2022
    Senate Bill 217
    Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, providing for report of theft or loss of firearm.
    Prime Sponsor: Senator TARTAGLIONE
    Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Feb. 11, 2021 [Senate]
    Memo: Lost and Stolen Gun Reporting
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=217
    Calls for civil liabilities for those who provide a firearm to a criminal. Already illegal under federal law, maybe it would be better to require immediate referral to Federal prosecutor.
    Senate Bill 219
    Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for the offense of sale or transfer of firearms.
    Prime Sponsor: Senator HUGHES
    Memo: Imposing Strict Liability on Sales or Transfers of Firearms in Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=219
    Listing the crimes seems stupid to me. Delete the whole list and just make it any felony or serious misdemeanor subject to 1 year or more incarceration.
    Senate Bill 220
    Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms.
    Memo: Adding Additional Disqualifying Criminal Convictions to the Uniform Firearms Act
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=220
    Another one requiring training or proof of training to qualify for LTCF. At least this one recognizes competitive shooting participation or military service as training. But still a no go.
    Senate Bill 226
    Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for licenses.
    Memo: Requiring a Firearms Safety or Training Course as a Condition of Obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=226

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Default Re: Senate Wet Dreams Continue

I know these are proposed every year and go no where, but I also remember vermont in 2018. We can't let it guard down.

There should be a bill for the Fair And Transparent Elections Act (FATE) that creates an agency specifically designed for the investigation into election fraud, on both the state and federal levels. anyone who votes against the open and transparent exposure to election fraud is part of the problem. we can validate this with the premise "to prevent any further threats by "insurrectionist" riots in contesting the results of elections on the local, state and federal level, a bipartisan committee shall be created to investigate any and ALL allegations into election fraud or malfeasance. Part of the Act should be Voter ID and annual review of the voter rolls, as well as removing any deceased or ineligible voters. Also we should include a stipulation all officials who are involved in the committees shall be audited. The enforcement of violations are simple, any group found to be directly involved in election fraud the election goes by default to their opposition
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Berks County)

What we need is mandatory jail sentences for already listed firearms offenses with the inability of DA's to plead them off. It really irks me when they plead off the firearms offense for a misdemeanor drug charge and I just don't get it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

We should make crime illegal

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What we need is mandatory jail sentences for already listed firearms offenses with the inability of DA's to plead them off. It really irks me when they plead off the firearms offense for a misdemeanor drug charge and I just don't get it.
    Because it counts on the DA's score card as a conviction. And yes you're right prosecution for gun crime should be mandatory and so should sentence if found guilty.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".