Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Coming soon to PA? Possibly

I doubt it under state law, but under federal law is very likely.

All Congress has to do is add these following words to the law: "We find that the private trade of firearms effects interstate commerce"

Just like they did with the Gun Free School Zone Act. First law was shot down by SCOTUS, they revised with practically just that above in quotes, repassed the bill into law and it has withstood challenge.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    I want to know how they are going to enforce it? If both parties keep their mouths shut and it’s done in the privacy of a residence, then they can’t prove it...without an actual registry that is. And even if they pull the 4473 forms and they don’t match up to the current owner, there’s no way to prove that the sale occurred after the law is passed
    True, but you better make sure that you can trust your buyer with your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    I want to know how they are going to enforce it? If both parties keep their mouths shut and it*s done in the privacy of a residence, then they can*t prove it...without an actual registry that is. And even if they pull the 4473 forms and they don*t match up to the current owner, there*s no way to prove that the sale occurred after the law is passed
    How it will be enforced is if that firearm is used in an alleged crime and the history of the same is investigated and it comes out that the owner obtained contrary to Federal Law. That is when the creative explaining will need to happen and the owner and seller (if you would) could be looking at Federal Felony charges. Bottomline is when Pelosi, Schumer and Biden pass their so called common sense gun safety BS, everyone will need to comply or face a possible Federal Felony Charge. Just saying.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12