Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ buys Colt

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CZ buys Colt

If they make parts available maybe gunsmiths can start repairing Colts again. Will they care about the 150 years of Colts out there, or just what they are currently making onward?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Jefferson County)

Just my opinion, I think this is a good move.

No American seemed to be stepping up to the plate to buyout. And CZ tends to be a lot more customer oriented than Colt has been in last 30 years. Colt even stated that they'd rather just deal with government contract than to sell to citizens(and their actions proved it after a mass shooting a few years ago).

S&W, Remington and Ruger would have been the only US companies with enough $ or interest, but Remington is broke and gone. And S&W and Ruger are probably smart to not over expend themselves in a Colt buyout. CZ seems to have a good private and government sales programs, which probably places them in a good position to keep Colt alive. ....otherwise, it looks like Colt would ultimately go the way of the dodo.

So, your choices are really:

A. Let Colt die.
    B. Let a truly interested GUN company buy it and try to bring it back to life.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Just my opinion, I think this is a good move.

No American seemed to be stepping up to the plate to buyout. And CZ tends to be a lot more customer oriented than Colt has been in last 30 years. Colt even stated that they'd rather just deal with government contract than to sell to citizens(and their actions proved it after a mass shooting a few years ago).

S&W, Remington and Ruger would have been the only US companies with enough $ or interest, but Remington is broke and gone. And S&W and Ruger are probably smart to not over expend themselves in a Colt buyout. CZ seems to have a good private and government sales programs, which probably places them in a good position to keep Colt alive. ....otherwise, it looks like Colt would ultimately go the way of the dodo.

So, your choices are really:

A. Let Colt die.
    B. Let a truly interested GUN company buy it and try to bring it back to life.
    The more players out there, the better the game is. I also think this will be good overall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123