Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Favorite Silencers, and Why???

I'm a huge fan of TBAC Ultra 9 series of suppressors, especially for long range shooters. I have put 1,000's of rounds through my TBAC Ultra 9 .30 cal can at the rental range and still reduces sound like it was new.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Lackawanna County)

I enjoy dead air and rugged cans but have to give a special shout-out to yankee hills stuff. They are just idiot proof and bomb proof. They make their newer cans compatible with their older mounts etc. and they come in at a great price point compared to tone and sound

For those looking at gemtechs. Make sure it’s not a mono core. I’ve gotten mine so gunked up it had to be sent back to fix. A buddy did as well. I couldn’t imagine how bad one of their 22 cans would end up like that.

(Centre County)

Just FYI,
    AAC (Advanced Armament Corp) is out of business. The name and intellectual property was sold to a holding group, effectively making AAC dead and buried.

Name and all IP assets went to JJE Brands, LLC of 3850 Fernandia Road, Columbia, SC. JJE owns Palmetto State Armory and also owns Spartan Forge, DC Machine, Toolcraft, and a handful of other companies.

The holding company that held Remington and AAC and others basically gave it up. When they bought AAC they took all the machinery and "laid off" all the workers including the engineers who designed the suppressors.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Just FYI,
    AAC (Advanced Armament Corp) is out of business. The name and intellectual property was sold to a holding group, effectively making AAC dead and buried.

Name and all IP assets went to JJE Brands, LLC of 3850 Fernandia Road, Columbia, SC. JJE owns Palmetto State Armory and also owns Spartan Forge, DC Machine, Toolcraft, and a handful of other companies.

The holding company that held Remington and AAC and others basically gave it up. When they bought AAC they took all the machinery and "laid off" all the workers including the engineers who designed the suppressors.
    Yup. Fun note, Kevin Brittingham who was a founder of AAC started a company called "Q" and they are fantastic. I have a bunch of their guns and silencers and they are top notch. What he started, continues...

www.liveqordie.com
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Regarding AAC, if anyone here has one of their cans I'd check out Ecco Machine and Fabrication. They do suppressor mount conversions. I have a 7.62sdn6 and having it converted from 51t to keymo.
    I never sold my right to decide, it was taken from me - Machinae Supremacy

(Washington County)

I have Huntertown Arms and AAC cans. Both dead companies now. I will probably be going to someone to get the AAC mounting systems changed one day but my ratchets are working and I have enough mounts for now.

I think everyone should have a dedicated 22 can. I use my 22 can the most and it is the most fun, being light weight and effective. Cleaning a 22 can is the biggest chore, especially mine being all aluminum. That means I have to be careful how I clean it. Some chemicals are a no go and ultrasonic cleaners are out.

If I could go back and do it again I would probably buy one multi caliber can for rifle use instead of separate 7.62 and 5.56 cans.

I wish my pistol can was modular, so I could shorten the overall length when it is on a handgun and use the full length when it’s on a PCC.

(York County)

I stay In State and go to Freedom Armory and their TiON spinoff.
    With their suppressors being made of Titanium the price is substantially higher.
    But it is SO worth it.

I bought two of their Rimfire cans last February and I have a .223 Can in Jail right now.

(Montgomery County)

I checked out their catalog and they really tout their sound measurements. In the brief amount of reading I have done over at pew science, I doubt their numbers. Additionally, the tube with removable baffle designs they use are heavy, have tolerance stack and their relatively small outside diameter puts them right in line with what was available 15 years ago. With that being said, they cost more than more modern designs. For example, compare the Trash Panda by Q (an all titanium, welded, no tube construction silencer with a 1.75 inch outside diameter) and the TiOn 762 QD can and the Trash panda is about 150 bucks cheaper for a better mount. Thoughts?
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Franklin County)

I only have two. Silencerco Hybrid 46 and a Dead Air Mask. I like both, but honestly the Dead Air is my favorite. .22 suppressors are just plain fun, and utilitarian. Even shooting subsonic, center fire cans are typically still loud enough to alert people in the vicinity. The .22 is Hollywood quiet. Great for when you just need to squeeze off a few, or you need to dispatch a critter without scaring the little old lady next door.

(Bucks County)

Very happy with my DeadAir Sandman .30 cal. Easy one-off with their key mount muzzle device on multiple rifles. I also got the 5.56 end cap which really helps suppress shooting the smaller caliber rounds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast